2022 Chevrolet Silverado new body style has no 12V DC outlet.

After waiting several months, I just brought home a brand new 2022 Silverado LTZ new body style and I hate it after less than 12 hours. Would you believe there is no 12V DC OUTLET in this unit at all.  I have asked the dealership to find a supported fix as this is a complete showstopper. Anyone know how to properly escalate?  This means that almost every 12V accessory people have gotten used to for what, maybe 80 years, can no longer be plugged into a factory outlet.

48 minutes ago, reeseb said:

I'm surprised to hear that there are no plugs. Incidentally, what are you using the 12v plug for?

Multiple devices I previously used in my Avalanche.    VHF Radio charger, drone battery charger, much higher end Inverter than the built in 400W model, Valentine One Radar detector, Garmin GPS with much better mapping system than this new system,  and other misc items.  

Edited by JS1

21 minutes ago, smit303 said:

Terrible omission. 

Agreed.   The dealer was as surprised as I was when he said he would walk out and show me where the 12V outlets were.    Surprise.  There are none.

On 4/3/2022 at 5:07 AM, JS1 said:

After waiting several months, I just brought home a brand new 2022 Silverado LTZ new body style and I hate it after less than 12 hours. Would you believe there is no 12V DC OUTLET in this unit at all.  I have asked the dealership to find a supported fix as this is a complete showstopper. Anyone know how to properly escalate?  This means that almost every 12V accessory people have gotten used to for what, maybe 80 years, can no longer be plugged into a factory outlet.

Did you look in the center console?  Can you post a pic of the inside of the console?

Edited by m3n00b

I so wish you were right and it was in the center console, as the dealership told me to look there also, but no,  this is a deletion from the new interior. No 12V outlet in the entire vehicle.   Only 110V  CB289CF2-D921-440D-8B6F-244C85B4D100.thumb.jpeg.8f443035344e5a1a7b944bb7f3dc2e49.jpeg

1642987F-5F44-45BC-877B-32A48F38F60F.jpeg

35 minutes ago, JS1 said:

I so wish you were right and it was in the center console, as the dealership told me to look there also, but no,  this is a deletion from the new interior. No 12V outlet in the entire vehicle.   Only 110V  CB289CF2-D921-440D-8B6F-244C85B4D100.thumb.jpeg.8f443035344e5a1a7b944bb7f3dc2e49.jpeg

1642987F-5F44-45BC-877B-32A48F38F60F.jpeg

Oh man...this is unacceptable. Are they doing anything for you?  

In a call yesterday, I was told I’m on my own.  No GM suggested fix at this point.  I’m hoping a service advisor can tell me where to safely tap into 12V.  It will not be pretty but I can add a 12V outlet myself I guess.  

Who still uses a 12v outlet anymore? I don't think I have used one in over 10 years...

I take that back, I have but to hold a USB phone charger. Meaning basically have just used a USB port lol

3 hours ago, BlancoSilverado said:

Is there a 12v at the rear of the center console, what about the glove boxes? Kinda dumb if they really removed it completely, 

They really removed it completely!