Gas Prices

Big_Kahuna

On June 17th, I paid $5.699 for Chevron's 93 octane gasoline in Stuart.

On June 25th, I paid $5.369 for Chevron's 93 octane gasoline over in Tampa.

On July 4th, I paid $5.359 for Chevron's 93 octane gasoline back in Stuart.

• Like 1

prices at the gas dock, Beverly harbor, Gas, $5.99, Diesel $6.69. Makes for expensive day on the water. Saw a guy replace the gas engine in his sailboat with electric motor and solar panels

• Haha 2

Anyone using the Get Upside app?  A friend of ours puts a ton of miles on her vehicle for her job and uses it and has gotten back some serious cash. 

I have it and used it but seems a while back the stations close didn't participate.  Just looked and now they do and one is at .25 a gallon pay out.  Also I have $54 in my account.  I guess I need to transfer it to my Paypal. LOL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black02Silverado said:

Anyone using the Get Upside app?  A friend of ours puts a ton of miles on her vehicle for her job and uses it and has gotten back some serious cash. 

I have it and used it but seems a while back the stations close didn't participate.  Just looked and now they do and one is at .25 a gallon pay out.  Also I have $54 in my account.  I guess I need to transfer it to my Paypal. LOL

Only 3 places participate here. All Conoco.  Payout is .11. Only problem they are .18 higher than at least 3 other places in town before any CC cashback card offers are figured in. No use for the app for me

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, txab said:

Only 3 places participate here. All Conoco.  Payout is .11. Only problem they are .18 higher than at least 3 other places in town before any CC cashback card offers are figured in. No use for the app for me

Bummer, it seems here all the BP, Exxon and Shell along with Circle K are players.  Most .14 cents back and up to .25 cents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black02Silverado said:

Bummer, it seems here all the BP, Exxon and Shell along with Circle K are players.  Most .14 cents back and up to .25 cents.

I'm not sure what the draw is to Upside. It doesn't payoff around here. Quik Trip, Wally, Sams, Costco beat everybody. Shell is the highest around here @ $4.69. Not even sure we have an Exxon anymore.

As I said only Conoco participates (3 locations) as of now and that hasn't changed over the last 3 months

COSTCO isn't always the cheapest but near the bottom always and we pegged our 4% discount to gas. Now that it's close to $5 a gallon that pays pretty good and makes it the cheapest game around. Just wish it were closer. :( 

Our Costco is such a zoo. I swear you’ll burn 10 gallons waiting in line to fuel up. Sam’s is a little better so that’s where I go when I can. But neither is particularly convenient.

• Like 1

My Kroger’s is based on purchase. I’m usually around 40 cents cheaper once a month. Our regular discount is 3 cents same with Sams. I use to stop at Sams with the wife’s car after church. It’s become a mad house. I usually just pick one on the way back home on Sunday. There’re usually pretty close to the same.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

$315.46 since October 7, 2019.  For a while there Shell's $0.05 for being gold whatever (with promotions going as high as 30c a gallon discount) was either negating all cash back or cutting into the cash back.  I haven't done any of the eateries yet and none of the groceries participate here.  According to fuel rewards I've saved $140.68.  No clue when I started that.  Plus I always get 2% or 5% back on fuel and whatever I buy from inside via my credit cards.

Edited by Chevyguy85
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, txab said:

I'm not sure what the draw is to Upside. It doesn't payoff around here. Quik Trip, Wally, Sams, Costco beat everybody. Shell is the highest around here @ $4.69. Not even sure we have an Exxon anymore.

As I said only Conoco participates (3 locations) as of now and that hasn't changed over the last 3 months

Nor around here. If they have a system that gives 5 cents a gallon back the price per gallon will be 6 cents a gallon higher than those that don't. :nonod: 

We know that COSTCO prices Signature products (gasoline) 15% above wholesale so when someone sells under COSTCO I look at 'by how much' and for how long. I have talked to a few retailers that will price below wholesale one or two products to get the traffic moving in their direction then....back to the gouging. 

Gas Buddy is a huge help and yet not 100% accurate always. There is a lag between GB and the stores posting. There is a huge reliance on the customers participation in spotting and signaling changes.  

• Like 1