Gas Prices

Big_Kahuna

21 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Well, It seemed like weekday rush hour traffic on Saturday afternoon on Florida's Suncoast.  Moving to and fro there was a fair amount of traffic, made worse by the speed demons attempting to run 20+ mph over the speed limit.    

Hey now I speed over here in Orlando too, not just on your coast 😛

Edited by Chevyguy85
  • Haha 1

Not exactly on topic but maybe interesting to a few anyhow.  I had an opportunity to talk with the farmer that farms my family's ground in e. Wash. state this week. He told me even there he's heard rumblings of a diesel shortage due to additive shortages, fuel jobbers already not taking on new customers, etc. So he's stockpiled 10,000 gallons of diesel fuel, sounds like overkill but he has 3 Challenger tractors that probably use 15 gph+ each, do the math. He was terrified of not having fuel when wheat harvest rolls around, not sure how many gph his JD and iH/Case combines use but probably as much or more than the Challengers. I didn't ask him how much per gallon he paid for that diesel, but probably enough for him to be a real believer in the old saying that you can make a small fortune in farming as long as you start out with a LARGE one.

• Like 2

high volume Gulf station on busy Rt 1 was $4.45 this am and $4.39 this afternoon, let's hope the trend continues. Most stations still 4.79 or more so are they doing some price gouging or trying to make up for $ lost when the price skyrocketed?

• Big_Kahuna changed the title to ????
  • txab changed the title to Gas Prices
23 hours ago, garagerog said:

Not exactly on topic but maybe interesting to a few anyhow.  I had an opportunity to talk with the farmer that farms my family's ground in e. Wash. state this week. He told me even there he's heard rumblings of a diesel shortage due to additive shortages, fuel jobbers already not taking on new customers, etc. So he's stockpiled 10,000 gallons of diesel fuel, sounds like overkill but he has 3 Challenger tractors that probably use 15 gph+ each, do the math. He was terrified of not having fuel when wheat harvest rolls around, not sure how many gph his JD and iH/Case combines use but probably as much or more than the Challengers. I didn't ask him how much per gallon he paid for that diesel, but probably enough for him to be a real believer in the old saying that you can make a small fortune in farming as long as you start out with a LARGE one.

False. No shortage of diesel fuel or diesel fuel additives. Maybe Urea? For Def mix  I doubt it. 

Based on TXAB's information and knowing the fuel tax rates in both Illinois and Texas I'd say GOUGING is alive and well in Illinois. Our total tax is 20 cents higher but our cost is 40 to 80 over that. 

5.789 at Murphy (WM) yesterday for Premium 91, down 20 cents since last week.  Lowest prices here although local Shell at grocery store match's price on 87 but they are always very high on the premium 91, if they have any, and the mid-grade 89 does not exist.

Edited by elcamino
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1