Gas Prices

Big_Kahuna

I think there are too many powertrain configurations for a economical electrical retrofit to be feasable but if someone could come up with something they would be VERY rich and have the gratitude of the world. it could be possible in trucks where there's room for an e motor that could be mounted on the rear of the trans and the battery in or under the bed but I don't think theres room in a lot of the SUVs or sedans until battery technology improves

Here’s some cheese for those with a Sheetz nearby: 

Sheetz lowers gas prices to $3.99 a gallon through July 4 weekend to help drivers save money

https://stocks.apple.com/AJ9o8vuu5RWiFfeaPtssnOw

Edited by customboss
Header added for the click challenged.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, customboss said:

Here’s some cheese for those with a Sheetz nearby: 

Sheetz lowers gas prices to $3.99 a gallon through July 4 weekend to help drivers save money

https://stocks.apple.com/AJ9o8vuu5RWiFfeaPtssnOw

We have them here in NC but unfortunately not down here in Wilmington.  I have to go back to where I used to live in Goldsboro NC for a Sheetz.

• Sad 2

This last week my observation is less traffic. Demand destruction is happening. :thumbs: I made an earlier comment on driving fewer miles will do this. While true, something as simple and driving the speed limit would have a like impact. Give that some thought. It will come to ya. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

This last week my observation is less traffic. Demand destruction is happening. :thumbs: I made an earlier comment on driving fewer miles will do this. While true, something as simple and driving the speed limit would have a like impact. Give that some thought. It will come to ya. :rolleyes:

Well, It seemed like weekday rush hour traffic on Saturday afternoon on Florida's Suncoast.  Moving to and fro there was a fair amount of traffic, made worse by the speed demons attempting to run 20+ mph over the speed limit.    

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, swathdiver said:

Well, It seemed like weekday rush hour traffic on Saturday afternoon on Florida's Suncoast.  Moving to and fro there was a fair amount of traffic, made worse by the speed demons attempting to run 20+ mph over the speed limit.    

It is Florida 😉 

• Haha 2

Took the beast to get washed. Then to the store to get treatment for the panels. It was (only) 77 degrees in the morning and 88 percent humidity. So a little attention could be paid to those panels. The gas station at that Walmart was selling gas at 4.29 cheapest I saw in a few weeks. Traffic is lighter. School is out so the spoiled ones aren’t getting their ride to school from mommy. That has lessened traffic quite a bit.

$4.79 at Pilot this morning. $5.35 at the highest places. E-10 87 octane.

$5.48 for Premium at Petro with a high of $6.24 at Marathon. 76 cent spread :nonod:

UNL-88 (E-15) is the tightest running $4.77 - $5.14 

E-85 runs $3.19 to $5.00 a crazy $1.81 spread. GOUDGE 

Diesel $5.52 - $6.09

Thank you Gas Buddy!!

I went to the other side of town to my walking park and to gas for the CRV. Got a 300 miles round trip on Friday. Love the drive Montgomery to Waco through college station. Gas is now 4.27 mostly. Usually I get more off from shopping there. 40 cents off this time. Our credit card we used gives us an additional discount. 🤓

I found a bit of a gas war in a neighboring town, $4.55 both stations, I chose Mobil over the regional station. most places still $4.79 or more. Traffic is as bad or worse than ever