Gas Prices

Big_Kahuna

19 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Don't know.

I read that over the winter the plant went down. Froze something. When the tried starting it back up it caught fire and damage allot of equipment. That one refinery supplies allot of Colorado's fuel. Whole Mountain region actually. 

That should have never happened and wouldn't have if they trained operators today like they did 50 years ago. Turned a very skilled position into monkey work. :nonod: 

Even at the end of my run they were outsourcing everything and training was cut to the bone. When I hired my first 8 years were about evenly split between the classroom and the unit and spent several months about every other season after that in training or being sent to some school.  By the time I left they paired a new guy to an old timer for about 6-8 weeks then turned him loose. We went from a crew of about 6 say at an FCC of guys that could build it, operate and maintain it and coordinate operations with six other up and down stream units in an emergency to maybe two skilled positions and two guys told to call an engineer if the needle moved funny.  Guys that I trained with that stayed a decade after me told me entire units are out run on automation or fully outsourced and fall flat on their face in a process interruption. But hey, they save allot of money.....until they burn one down. 

Prepare for a 30-50 cent jump in the next week at the pump. The worlds oil overlords weren't happy with the prices of oil so they just cut production because they can. That's my guess for how high the prices will shoot up.

15 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

Prepare for a 30-50 cent jump in the next week at the pump. The worlds oil overlords weren't happy with the prices of oil so they just cut production because they can. That's my guess for how high the prices will shoot up.

Some weird stuff. Gas goes up 40 cents. E-85 goes up 40 cents. Gas came back down 20 and E-85 is hanging on to the increase. Gasoline is 25% of the cut and ethanol is cheaper to make. So.....what APEC country is the alcohol coming from? 

:lurk:

Beats me lol.

The E15 stuff here is still 15-20 cents less a gallon and I've still seen E85 for as low at $2.40 a gallon.

Even when gas prices were super high last summer I was still getting E85 for $2.50 a gallon with regular 87 was above $4.00 a gallon.

I just used the GMC for good ole truck duty this weekend.  280 miles (140 miles each way) on the superslab.  3 big boys in the (standard) cab.  Pulling a U-haul car transport around the Chattanooga area, loaded with a G35 coupe part of that time.  Maybe 30 miles worth.  Plus I pulled a utility trailer to the recycling center, through some very sticky mud (one truck almost got stock), but the 2WD Sierra just walked right on through.  397 miles worth of good ole truck stuff over the course of this weekend.  18.9 mpg.  It was $3.199 when I left Friday, and $3.359 when I juiced it up today.  Pretty good ole truck.  I would imagine it was doing maybe 21 mpg or so on the superslab.