Are you still using premium gas?

4 hours ago, diyer2 said:

sign0153.gif

Edit.

I have been using Shell for 6 years because of our location, no problems.

I usually havent had issues with Shell either. However, the tuner said he can see issues with Shell gas when he's tuning etc. I normally use Exxon these days.

On 6/24/2022 at 10:29 PM, FJB said:

explain why shell is the worst ? 

For years I could always count on Shell to deliver 2 mpg less than Sunoco or Mobil, and that was 93 octane.  Vehicle didn't matter either.  

Late last year I was needing fuel in Christmas, Florida and Shell was the only station in town.  It didn't feel bad, just delivered a little less mpgs (about 1 mpg) than usual for that average speed.  

Been using 91 (premium), since buying my truck in March 2021. Currently averaging 15-15.5 mpg around town. I disable stop-start after ignition and drive in L7 around town. So-far-so-good in terms of fuel consumption and what I was expecting when I purchased the truck.

On 6/18/2022 at 7:04 PM, TxTruckMan said:

I'm not really sure what your post means, but I stand by my statement.  If you bought the premium engine and can't afford the premium gas, then you shouldn't have bought the premium engine.  Not "knowing" that gas would go up is a stupid excuse as well.  Why would you not think or plan for gas prices to go up?  If you can't afford a slight increase in gas prices, then you need a to drive something more affordable.  Too many people over-extend their credit and buy stuff they can't afford.  It's a shame.  Buy smarter and save some money for the hard times.

I expect not. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

FYI

My 1977 Chevy 350 4 speed half ton got 8-12 mpg living here in Colorado. Average 10 mpg. So a 6.2 getting 15 around town is great IMO.

• Thanks 2