OEM wireless Charging on 2022 Silverado LTZ

On 10/7/2022 at 10:18 AM, cranetek74 said:

Juan,

This did work, not sure why but we really should have to turn this off to make this tech work.

The downside is that charges at lower speed.

But I enabled Fast Wireless again and its working very well, phone charges every time without disconnecting.

So try enabling it on your phone and tell me if it works for you. 

I've got the Samsung Note20 and it charges fine on the OEM wireless charging pad with a couple corks. The camera bump if not using a case causes the phone to wobble when not on perfect roads and when using Android Auto wirelessly, the wireless charger cannot keep up with the resource demand as it drains faster than it can charge it leaving you with a depleted battery.

Work around for wireless Android Auto charging/depleting issue is to connect it with USB cable, this method will top off the battery while using Android Auto. Another option is to install the BoostAuto wireless charging pad which works great!

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 9:42 AM, RedLT said:

Work around for wireless Android Auto charging/depleting issue is to connect it with USB cable, this method will top off the battery while using Android Auto. Another option is to install the BoostAuto wireless charging pad which works great!

The boost auto one kicks ass over the slow crappy stocker, about 30 minute install, I can post a video of it later on.

Same problem here on my 2022 Silverado LTZ. Had the dealer look at it and they said its fine and gave me a wireless charging tip sheet. Not very useful, same thing happens with my old iphone 12 and my new iphone 14. Frustrating for a $65k truck 😕

Update on mine.  

Since the phone would charge fine when turned off, but sporadically when turned on, I figured it might be the software on the phone (pixel 6 pro) causing issues.   I also started having issues charging wirelessly with my pixel stand 2 and another wireless charger.

I recently upgraded my phone to the Pixel 7 pro and now the wireless charging works fine in the truck.  The phone sat on the charger for an hour while I was driving this weekend and there were no issues.

On 10/16/2022 at 11:34 AM, Jackrob44 said:

2022 LT Trail Boss redesign with the same issue.  iPhone 14 and iPhone 10 won’t charge.  Turns on for an about a second then goes off.  Case on or off doesn’t seem to matter.   Very frustrating.

Had the same problem with my iPhone 14 charging for a second when I put i on the wireless pad and then stops charging  second later on my 22 Sierra refresh. I pulled the wireless charging pad cover off of the center console and then put my phone back on the bare charger and it started charging normally. I left the cover off and put some gaffers tape over the bare charger to keep junk out of the console and the phone has charged normally for the last 2 weeks with no problems.  I believe the problem is the wireless charging pad cover is too thick, and depending on the phone model, the phone can't charge at all, or if it can, it may limit how much energy it can put into the phone causing it to charge slowly.  

On 10/31/2022 at 12:09 PM, Rick Davenport said:

Had the same problem with my iPhone 14 charging for a second when I put i on the wireless pad and then stops charging  second later on my 22 Sierra refresh. I pulled the wireless charging pad cover off of the center console and then put my phone back on the bare charger and it started charging normally. I left the cover off and put some gaffers tape over the bare charger to keep junk out of the console and the phone has charged normally for the last 2 weeks with no problems.  I believe the problem is the wireless charging pad cover is too thick, and depending on the phone model, the phone can't charge at all, or if it can, it may limit how much energy it can put into the phone causing it to charge slowly.  

Yeah its definetly the design of the rubber pad that sits on the wireless charger, i have the same issue with my 2022 Sierra At4 refresh with my s22 ultra it would fast charge for a second, the slow charge then stop & just keep cycling over and over whether it was in or out of a case. I thought it was a faulty wireless charger at first after i tried it with my girlfriends s22 Ultra a few days later & it did the same thing. The next day i tested it with my cousins iphone 12 proMax and it worked fine, same with my dads iphone 13. Ended up going to another dealer and testing the charger on a 2023 silverado rst & it did the same thing with my s22ultra so i knew it was just the design.

I Took the rubber pad up like you suggested and it wireless fast charged fine for 30 min in its case, I'm guessing the rubber foot on the bottom of the pad that lets the AC airflow cool the pad is just a tiny bit too thick and is pushing some of the bigger or newer phones to the edge of wireless charging range.

Edited by ThisAintDre

I have the 2022 Sierra Denali refresh, and am having the same issue. Frustrating. In my case, I cut off the rubber feet and put thin strips of double sided tape underneath the charging pad. There's still a small gap, but much closer. Unfortunately I still have intermittent charging so it's the combination of the distance between the charge coil, the bottom of the rubber pad, and I think the thickness as well.

My iPhone XS charged without issue however, and now only the iPhone 14 Pro is having issues charging I'm sure because of the camera hump. Annoyingly finicky. I've contemplated seeing if there's a way I can somehow route an Apple MagSafe charger inside the console, and mounted to the underside of the rubber pad to see if that's a better solution. 

Edited to say I returned the iPhone 14 Pro, and bought an iPhone 14 Pro Max. Problem solved in my case; the phone is larger so there's more surface area to connect up to the wireless charge pad's "sweet spot". Only issue now, is this thing is damn heavy to carry around in your pocket haha

Edited by codeman11

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue with my New 2023 Silverado LTZ. Have it at the dealer being looked at now. It starts charging and 30secs later get the orange triangle. I flip it and same thing happens. Try it again and again. Used my Galaxy S21, my sons IPhone SE, Wife's IPhone 13 and old Galaxy S7 and still the same. Tried with cases on and off. Occasionally I will get a charge that sticks but it's more then a hassle when this extra convenience is advertised on the car. I tried everything and the last thing I wanted to do is spend a day getting it looked at by the dealer a few weeks after my purchase. Also I have a USB connected wireless charger that I had in my last vehicle that worked great so I tried using that and that wouldn't charge my phone either, it starts and stops also. Never had an issue with my other USB ports in my other car or my wife's van with it. This vehicle I do!  Not sure what source the wireless charger and USB ports are pulling their power from but maybe it's not enough. I have noticed with the installed wireless charger, when I do finally get it to charge it seems to be warmer out or the truck is fully heated up. So maybe it's just too cold to work properly?  Just my thoughts.