OEM wireless Charging on 2022 Silverado LTZ

I just traded in a 2022 refresh SLT with wireless charging feature for a 2022 refresh Denali with the wireless charging feature. Well, the SLT never ever had an issue charging my iPhone 10 max pro or my iPhone 13 max pro. So this new Denali is a hit or miss on charging my iPhone 13 max pro now it seems. I only have 88 miles on it, but, I throw the phone in the charger just to have a nice place for it and expect it to charge as I go. This new truck has an issue it appears. I need to return to the dealer monday and I am going to see if I can get to my old SLT and take the rubber pad from it and exchange this Denali pad. It is ridiculous my SLT never had a charging issue. 

If curious why I got the Denali, It has working heated seats and SuperCruise. I been waiting 6 months on RetroFit parts for my SLT and tried of waiting on parts. Good thing I dont mind using a cable to charge my iPhone if needed on long trips it looks like if the SLT rubber pad does not fix the issue.

I have a similar problem on my 2022 Sierra. My phone charge quickly on my 2019 Sieerra but will not charge at all on my new 2022. When I put my phone on the charger, it will show a green symbol on the display, as though it is charging, but does not charge at all. The dealer said that it might be a blown fuse, but it is sensing that the phone is there. The phone charges if I plug it in.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to you guys that paid extra for those wireless chargers but the Boost Auto Parts wireless charger is excellent, fast and powerful. It takes about 1 hour to install and has been fast charging my S22 Ultra for about a year now. I know you don't want to hear this but this will solve the problem.

• 1 month later...

I picked up a 2023 AT4 two weeks ago and it's doing exactly the same thing. I won't take it to the dealership until GM acknowledges this with at least a TSB and a fix, I have a iPhone 13 Pro, with or  without the case does the same thing, took the pad off and it works slightly better, although slow, and then you get cold air blowing up through the console lid from the cooling vent on it, I traded a 2021 GMC SIERRA SLT and the wireless charging worked excellent, why are we going backwards on technology here?

Edited by Kevin McDonald

This has been the only solution I have found that works. I tried all kinds of other methods before finally finding that this was the key. Hope it helps any others struggling to get their phone to charge ! 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1430387683/wireless-charger-adapter-for-2022-gm?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=wireless+charger+gm&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&sts=1&organic_search_click=1

18 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

This has been the only solution I have found that works. I tried all kinds of other methods before finally finding that this was the key. Hope it helps any others struggling to get their phone to charge ! 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1430387683/wireless-charger-adapter-for-2022-gm?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=wireless+charger+gm&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&sts=1&organic_search_click=1

I also tried that with no success on my phone, I just will run with no charging pad on it until GM gets a fix

I've had my 23 Denali for three weeks now and the phone charger was absolutely terrible. I have a Pixel 7 Pro with the  case on it was almost impossible to find the sweet spot . It was better with the case off. Last week I downloaded a system update GM N22-239253. Ever since that update the charger has performed flawlessly anywhere on the pad as long as the  goes in top down That's even with the case on.

21 hours ago, MTY55 said:

I've had my 23 Denali for three weeks now and the phone charger was absolutely terrible. I have a Pixel 7 Pro with the  case on it was almost impossible to find the sweet spot . It was better with the case off. Last week I downloaded a system update GM N22-239253. Ever since that update the charger has performed flawlessly anywhere on the pad as long as the  goes in top down That's even with the case on.

I just checked mine under updates and had nothing new, hadn't been checked since 3/9, mine is a AT4 diesel, not sure what your Denali is

16 hours ago, Kevin McDonald said:

I just checked mine under updates and had nothing new, hadn't been checked since 3/9, mine is a AT4 diesel, not sure what your Denali is

Just a 5.3 Denali with the Reserve Package. No Super Cruise. This is what I took off my phone as to what the updated  enhanced.   I see your a trap shooter .Go out and break some Birds. I'd be getting ready break some skeet birds this morning but the club is closed for Easter weekend. Hang in there I'm sure the update will bet to you soon.

.image.thumb.png.aa718181c57d5aa35c6bca9af2c58a77.png

On 4/8/2023 at 9:57 AM, MTY55 said:

Just a 5.3 Denali with the Reserve Package. No Super Cruise. This is what I took off my phone as to what the updated  enhanced.   I see your a trap shooter .Go out and break some Birds. I'd be getting ready break some skeet birds this morning but the club is closed for Easter weekend. Hang in there I'm sure the update will bet to you soon.

.image.thumb.png.aa718181c57d5aa35c6bca9af2c58a77.png

Im actually a skeet shooter also, 3 TN state titles in it. I still have no software update from GM, I wonder if it was a gas only update, or maybe a Denali only update, who knows, Im still using mine with the rubber pad off and its working pretty good.