Retrofitted heated seat install

Noticed the monthly vehicle condition report that comes via email showed an Open Recall for the seat heaters with the recommendation to contact the dealership to get it taken care of.聽

So I contacted the dealership yesterday and had them installed today. 馃槂

Dealer said at the end of the year GM opened the recall for dealers to order parts as customers contacted them.聽

He said it has taken up to three weeks to get kits though.聽 Since mine only needed the module not the buttons, they had that in stock and got 'er done.

No heated steering wheel though. GM is not honoring that, which sucks.聽

29 minutes ago, gemarsh said:

@sheathAre you saying never ever honoring the heated steering wheel retrofit? If true, gm is going to have alot of upset people suing.聽

That's the way it sounds.聽 Service Manager just went through the update on his wife's truck (GMC), and she didn't get the heated steering wheel either.聽 I have no idea if this is based on trim level.聽 I didn't ask what trim his wife's truck is.聽 Mine is an LT.

26 minutes ago, Cosmic Charlie said:

Hi

How long did it take the Service Tech to do your 2 seat modules ?

In my case they did an oil change at the same time, and I was out in less than two hours.

Edited by sheath

12 hours ago, gemarsh said:

@sheathAre you saying never ever honoring the heated steering wheel retrofit? If true, gm is going to have alot of upset people suing.聽

There wont be any suing.聽 You didnt pay for the option, you were actaully credited money for it.聽 And their language in it gave them an out

3 hours ago, nards444 said:

There wont be any suing.聽 You didnt pay for the option, you were actaully credited money for it.聽 And their language in it gave them an out

What is the "out" in the language? I read "for later retrofit".

I'm sure there is something in fine print, but have not looked into it. I have no skin in this game as I have all the chips and salsa that my trucks were to be built with. Minus the '22 Denali that had missing rear heated seats for a $200 credit, that won't be used by me. Next owner can complain.

3 hours ago, gemarsh said:

What is the "out" in the language? I read "for later retrofit".

I'm sure there is something in fine print, but have not looked into it. I have no skin in this game as I have all the chips and salsa that my trucks were to be built with. Minus the '22 Denali that had missing rear heated seats for a $200 credit, that won't be used by me. Next owner can complain.

The fact you didnt pay for it, is their out.聽 And they never guareteed it.聽 Bottom line nobody is suing GM over a heat steering wheel, and I dont see any lawyer or class action taking this on.聽 I know were sue happy, but this isnt a case, thats all.聽

• Like 1