Body lift with a suspension lift

I have a GMC Sierra 1500 2013 extended cab. I've installed the seven and a half inch lift. Installed 35s. Slight problems with tire clearance. Want to install a two and a quarter inch body lift to provide more clearance. Other than the spacers or anything else be required? Steering wheel extension?

1 hour ago, Matthew J M Devildog Thompson said:

I have a GMC Sierra 1500 2013 extended cab. I've installed the seven and a half inch lift. Installed 35s. Slight problems with tire clearance. Want to install a two and a quarter inch body lift to provide more clearance. Other than the spacers or anything else be required? Steering wheel extension?

Go with a 3" body lift I have installed many body lifts in my time things to look out for are wires when jacking the cab and bed up. A good kit will give you a extension piece for the transmission shift rod and a extension piece for the steering shaft to the steering box and a gas filler hose extension when lifting the bed maybe needed. Also you will have to split the fan shroud bottom half for when the radiator raises with the cab. Watch your upper and lower radiator hoses also. DONT lift the cab up with a floor jacks use bottle jacks floor jacks WILL shift the cab when jacking and make it very hard to line the holes up for the cab bolt holes. Hard lines for the brake master cylinder should flex enough. If you have a transfer case shifter on the floor you will have to modify that linkage also. Since you have done a lift on your truck it should be pretty easy for ya. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 2:30 PM, Silverado4x4 said:

Go with a 3" body lift I have installed many body lifts in my time things to look out for are wires when jacking the cab and bed up. A good kit will give you a extension piece for the transmission shift rod and a extension piece for the steering shaft to the steering box and a gas filler hose extension when lifting the bed maybe needed. Also you will have to split the fan shroud bottom half for when the radiator raises with the cab. Watch your upper and lower radiator hoses also. DONT lift the cab up with a floor jacks use bottle jacks floor jacks WILL shift the cab when jacking and make it very hard to line the holes up for the cab bolt holes. Hard lines for the brake master cylinder should flex enough. If you have a transfer case shifter on the floor you will have to modify that linkage also. Since you have done a lift on your truck it should be pretty easy for ya. 

Thanks I'm going for RC 3-in lift. I've added a photo. I believe it has everything maybe missing the fuel hose.

Screenshot_20230127_111835_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

No I'm going to keep the 35s. But I'm bumps and tight corners especially at the same time, My front and rear tires will rub. Already ruined my fender flares. Plus I want to put two inch spacers on. So I'll definitely need the space.