TPMS question

Same frequency BUT...the 19-22LTD sensors DO NOT work with the 22 refresh and newer.  GM changed the sensor operation. 

22 refresh and newer now use an auto learning TPM system.  If you tried to program a 19-22LTD sensor it would read after programming and then drop right out.  Same with taking the new sensors and putting them in a 19-22LTD, it will read at the relearn and then drop right out.  

You need quantity 4 of 13542523 but they are on backorder right now.  You shouldn't have a problem trying to get 4 of 84991144 however which is the GM accessory p/n but the same exact sensor.  

Edited by newdude

1 minute ago, newdude said:

Same frequency BUT...the 19-22LTD sensors DO NOT work with the 22 refresh and newer.  GM changed the sensor operation.

You need quantity 4 of 13542523 but they are on backorder right now.  You shouldn't have a problem trying to get 4 of 84991144 however which is the GM accessory p/n but the same exact sensor.  

That's nuts.

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

That's nuts.

GM sells that # to dealers in a pack of 4 so its a bulk p/n.  Typically the GM ADI (Accessory Distributor/Installer) order them as they are the ones that handle all LPO accessory products.  They assemble all of the LPO wheel packages.  Our facing ADI has over 1000 of these sensors LOL.  

Any GM dealer however can still via their ADI order that sensor in individual quantities.  If they placed an order through GM however they'd get a bag of 4 but that # isn't one price for a bag of 4, they are still billed individually.     

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

So I was going to order a 2024 HD with the 6.6 gasser,but I changed my plans and am trading my 22 LTD High Country 6.2 for a 23 High Country 6.2 with the optional 22 black wheels that I'm going to sell.

I'm keeping my chrome Fuel wheels from my 22 to put on the 23 so why can't I just order some sensors from ebay?

5 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

So I was going to order a 2024 HD with the 6.6 gasser,but I changed my plans and am trading my 22 LTD High Country 6.2 for a 23 High Country 6.2 with the optional 22 black wheels that I'm going to sell.

I'm keeping my chrome Fuel wheels from my 22 to put on the 23 so why can't I just order some sensors from ebay?

Thats a gamble because they might say 433mhz but there's no guarantee they will work because of the revisions GM made to the TPM system on these with the auto learn.  

I don't see any listed for a 2023 Silverado 1500 other than OEM.  I see plenty for 2023 HD but the HD system is the same operationally as 19-22LTD 1/2 ton.  

So IMO, just get the OE sensors, either one of the two #s I posted.  Both retail for like $41 each.    

Edited by newdude

When I got new wheels and tires for my '22 refresh I ordered 4 new GM sensors on ebay (correct frequency). Shop who installed them couldn't learn them. I drove a few miles to the dealer and the tech couldn't learn them. Went back to the install shop and they took my '22 sensors out the OEM wheels and "voila". Worked. The '22 sensors are different and look different from the '19 sensors even though the frequency is the same. 

I ordered these for $75.

All the GM parts houses are selling them for $36 each plus shipping.This was around half that. And free shipping. 

Ebay is usually cheaper than the parts houses on a lot of small parts like these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285197203577?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=w38UnpNqSSO&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=XI1zmpctTBi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

14 hours ago, mafd2 said:

When I got new wheels and tires for my '22 refresh I ordered 4 new GM sensors on ebay (correct frequency). Shop who installed them couldn't learn them. I drove a few miles to the dealer and the tech couldn't learn them. Went back to the install shop and they took my '22 sensors out the OEM wheels and "voila". Worked. The '22 sensors are different and look different from the '19 sensors even though the frequency is the same. 

Yeah the new ones look odd. Does suck you have to change them over too. I had to swap mine over well I bought new ones for my new takeoffs