GM floor liners vs Weathertech liners

On 4/25/2023 at 9:35 PM, mds47588 said:

I purchased the Weathertech floor liners almost immediately after getting my truck for both the front and rear seats.  While no complaints with the rear, but the fronts have both scratched the door sills to the point of needing replacement.  I am actually going to be ordering the new ones tomorrow.  It seems as if the factory GM liners won't rub against the sill plates.   Does anyone in here have them in their truck and able to confirm/deny?  

I have the GM liners. Z71 Badge. No rubbing.

• Like 1

"Tux Mat" for me in the winter time, and carpeted floor mats in the other three seasons. Rubber mats always make me think "cheap" and this truck was not cheap....My bed is even more "trunk like", as it has a hard cover and a Bedrug.

GM Z71 mats, they do fit well. I had WeatherTech from previous truck and I swap the fronts to the WT when I know I'm going to do dirty/rough work. I like keeping the Z71 mats pristine as possible.

On 4/26/2023 at 7:50 AM, Jus Cruisin said:

I bought the GM premium all weather liners for front and rear. I've pulled them out for the summer without any damage or scratching. They are not a hard stiff rubber. The rears needed trimming to fit because I have underseat storage. Rear is 2 piece that interlock. Happy with them. 

Or have them installed under the underseat storage.

8 hours ago, redwngr said:

Or have them installed under the underseat storage.

They are designed to be cut/trimmed with markings on the backside to follow. I used heavy duty scissors to cut them. Trying to remove the underseat storage unit and getting it remounted would be a pain in the keister twice a year. I take the rubber things out as soon as the weather breaks in the early spring and put the OEM carpet ones back in. 

2 hours ago, Jus Cruisin said:

They are designed to be cut/trimmed with markings on the backside to follow. I used heavy duty scissors to cut them. Trying to remove the underseat storage unit and getting it remounted would be a pain in the keister twice a year. I take the rubber things out as soon as the weather breaks in the early spring and put the OEM carpet ones back in. 

I leave the liners in all year.

Carpeted mats that came with it are in a pile with the carpet mats for several previous trucks.

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2023 at 9:09 AM, redwngr said:

I leave the liners in all year.

Carpeted mats that came with it are in a pile with the carpet mats for several previous trucks.

Same here.  The carpeted mats will go back in the truck when the truck gets sold, or given to one of the kids.