GM floor liners vs Weathertech liners

I purchased the Weathertech floor liners almost immediately after getting my truck for both the front and rear seats.  While no complaints with the rear, but the fronts have both scratched the door sills to the point of needing replacement.  I am actually going to be ordering the new ones tomorrow.  It seems as if the factory GM liners won't rub against the sill plates.   Does anyone in here have them in their truck and able to confirm/deny?  

The GM all weather plastic molded mats don't extend all of the way to the edge of the plastic sill plate do they?  Weathertech does I believe.  I prefer it that way, less chance of mud, water, slush finding it's way back in-between the carpet and the plastic sill plate.

Which area is getting scratched or damaged to the point of needing replacement??

Edited by BlaineBug

I bought the GM premium all weather liners for front and rear. I've pulled them out for the summer without any damage or scratching. They are not a hard stiff rubber. The rears needed trimming to fit because I have underseat storage. Rear is 2 piece that interlock. Happy with them. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BlaineBug said:

The GM all weather plastic molded mats don't extend all of the way to the edge of the plastic sill plate do they?  Weathertech does I believe.  I prefer it that way, less chance of mud, water, slush finding it's way back in-between the carpet and the plastic sill plate.

Which area is getting scratched or damaged to the point of needing replacement??

There is a little lip on them, just enough to catch a spill before it goes under. 

I have the GM ones, very happy with them, however I have never had the weather tech either. 

1 hour ago, sharkeysierra said:

There is a little lip on them, just enough to catch a spill before it goes under. 

I have the GM ones, very happy with them, however I have never had the weather tech either. 

I have the SmartLiner variety which seem to be just as large as the Weather Tech ones.  Other aftermarket brands seem to be smaller like the OEM General Motors variety I have noticed.

Excuse the dirt.  I’ve not done my spring cleanup yet.  However, this is the GM mat on my ‘21 Denali.  In my experience, the fit is better than the WeatherTech.  Though, my WeatherTechs were in a different vehicle.  Also, the GM material is softer that the WeatherTech material.  There is a small amount of scuffing in the left where it it rises up from the floor, but it’s not digging in or scratching the surface.

I had an Equinox with WeatherTechs and just traded it in on an a XT5.  It didn’t come with factory all weather mats like the Denali did.  I went ahead and bought the GM mats from Cadillac and am very happy with them.

IMG_0827.jpeg

The GM mats are not WeatherTech, thank goodness, and are far superior.  GM got it right with these mats, and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another set if I ever need too.  I have 93K miles on my set and I abuse them pretty good but they are still in good condition and cover edge to edge with no deformation or inevitable "edge roll" like WeatherTechs.  

Go with the GM mats, you wont be sorry.

• Thanks 1

I used to buy Weathertech. But GM really upped their game on their floor liners. They are a softer rubber that won’t scratch or rough up the plastics near the sill plates. I’m all in on the GM liners. But I do agree that they do cut it close near the sill plate.

3 hours ago, GN2018 said:

Excuse the dirt.  I’ve not done my spring cleanup yet.  However, this is the GM mat on my ‘21 Denali.  In my experience, the fit is better than the WeatherTech.  Though, my WeatherTechs were in a different vehicle.  Also, the GM material is softer that the WeatherTech material.  There is a small amount of scuffing in the left where it it rises up from the floor, but it’s not digging in or scratching the surface.

I had an Equinox with WeatherTechs and just traded it in on an a XT5.  It didn’t come with factory all weather mats like the Denali did.  I went ahead and bought the GM mats from Cadillac and am very happy with them.

IMG_0827.jpeg

Personally I'd prefer if the mat extended all of the way to the edge of the plastic sill molding to protect it, unlike the OEM factory GM all weather floor mats such as yours.

25 minutes ago, BlaineBug said:

Wouldn't it be nice if they just stopped installing CARPET in cars and trucks so we wouldn't need to put plastic mats to hide and protect the carpet beneath????????????????????  Redundant retardation!

Rubber just in the winter up north after 30 years of carpet 24/7 when I lived in Florida. I haven't had full rubber mats since the 70's. 

3 minutes ago, Jus Cruisin said:

Rubber just in the winter up north after 30 years of carpet 24/7 when I lived in Florida. I haven't had full rubber mats since the 70's. 

Do you take your shoes and socks off to rub your feet on the filthy floor carpeting? 🤣