Wireless Apple Carplay quits working

I have a 2024 Silverado 2500 High Country.

It is a month old and the initial "free" data plan has expired.

I also just did an "over the air" update on the entertainment system (prompted by GM).

Now, my wireless Apple Carplay does not work (yes my phone is connected via Bluetooth).

Carplay does work if I plug in to the USB port.

Has any one else had this issue or does any one have a solution?

Thanks

4 hours ago, sigmonster said:

I also just did an "over the air" update on the entertainment system (prompted by GM).

Now, my wireless Apple Carplay does not work (yes my phone is connected via Bluetooth).

Thanks

Is you WiFi on in your phone?  Wireless Apple CarPlay both the bluetooth and WiFi have to be on or at least for the initial pairing.

You might also have to delete the phone from the truck and truck from the phone and re-connect it all.   

13 hours ago, sigmonster said:

Thanks

I'm going through similar confusion and I have no answers just yet. But, yeah, some sht is messed up in my situation right now. 

When it doubt, nuke it. Do an Infotainment factory reset and see if having a fresh GMAndroid fixes it.

OR

- Let it sit without the battery connected for a good hour or so.

- Delete the Truck from your Phone's CarPlay. Settings > General > CarPlay > Remove Chevrolet/Mylink. Turn off the phone

- Delete the Phone from the Truck. Phone > Your Phone > Options? > Delete. Turn your phone back on and attempting connecting like new again?

I've had it happens a few times. I either ignore it and it works eventually. Or go through the motions of deleting the Phone/Truck from each of their settings.

Mine will connect but I need to activate siri twice before it will do anything.  !st time it will just do nothing then close.  I'm going to try removing my phone, the re add to see if that fixes it.

Here is an update.

After the "update", the CarPlay icon was "grayed out".

I went into settings and CarPlay had been disabled or would not connect wirelessly.

I don't know exactly what I did, but I reset the settings to allow CarPlay to connect wirelessly and now every thing is fine.

The icon is now lit up.

I bet the "update" turned it off without a data plan, but I was able to re-activate it.

I also checked all the settings in my phone to allow CarPlay to connect.

Best of luck to every one

I had this yesterday with Android Auto.  All of a sudden it wouldn't connect wirelessly but would via USB.  I tried:

Deleting truck from phone and re-pairing.

Deleting phone from truck and re-pairing.

Deleting truck from Android auto.

None of that worked until I went into the settings and turned off quick start mode on the infotainment screen.  I then shut the truck off and went to do something else for 10 mins.

Came back and restarted the truck.  Bootup of the infotainment took close to a minute.

With phone and truck both having "forgotten" each other, I re-did setup again and it worked.

Went back into settings and reenabled quick start mode or whatever it's called and it has been working since.

• 4 months later...

CarPlay in mine now goes out every 2-3 weeks.  Hard reset (press hang up button on steering wheel 10 seconds) and it works again.  Very irritating.  Radio has all updates.  Time to talk to the dealer.

Take a look and make sure your hotspot is enabled on your truck. When my free data trial ended I thought I could go and disable the truck's hotspot since I no longer had data, but you actually need it still to connect to your phone for wireless AA/CarPlay. I wasn't able to re-enable it myself and had to contact OnStar to do it.

Well.  It didn't work/connect (the wifi) last night.

This morning it works.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

It is not a big deal until I'm in traffic going somewhere unfamiliar and it doesn't work.

Same issues here.  It all starts with the 'Enable CarPlay' terms screen randomly showing up at start.  My trial data plans are still active also.   Tried everything to get the truck to connect CarPlay with no luck until I booted it up in 'Safe Mode' found under the Vehicle|System settings.  The phone now saw the truck and I was able to connect it.....for a day....this morning, phone is connecting to the truck but no Carplay.  Sigh..