How To Re-program A Fob For 2002 Yukon

I need to re-program my FOB's for a 2002 GMC Yukon. I have seen the procedures for other models, but unable to find one for the year and model in question.

Do the procesures vary among vehicles or do all GMC's, for example, use the same proceudre? I found one for a 2001 Suburban but not yet tried it.

I was also told that they are available in the 'Tech 2 GM Scan Tool' - what is that?

Try this first. It worked on mine.

Close all the vehicle doors.

Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.

Press and hold the DOOR unlock switch.

While holding the DOOR lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.

Release the DOOR unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.

Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one keyless remote. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds , the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.

Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.

Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (one more click forward) position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.

Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation

No luck. I had the Autoride codes deleted which meant that I removed the ECM. I wonder it I have to go to the dealer dince the ECM has been re-programmed when I removed Autoride. Do you think?

The delear is going to charge $75 to re-program - rediculous!

No luck. I had the Autoride codes deleted which meant that I removed the ECM. I wonder it I have to go to the dealer dince the ECM has been re-programmed when I removed Autoride. Do you think?

The delear is going to charge $75 to re-program - rediculous!

oh, now you telling us...

well, new fob is around 60 bucks each...

yes, they will need to flash ECM. keep your toes crossed for this. good luck.

Archived