Mpg Wit 33's

it varies A LOT depending your personal driving style, the tires actual diameter, weight and tread pattern.

expect 2-4 mpg loss. and some general rules:

people who are heavier on the throttle will see bigger losses.

people who drive more city than highway will see bigger losses

people who put on MTs instead of ATs will see bigger losses

it varies A LOT depending your personal driving style, the tires actual diameter, weight and tread pattern.

expect 2-4 mpg loss. and some general rules:

people who are heavier on the throttle will see bigger losses.

people who drive more city than highway will see bigger losses

people who put on MTs instead of ATs will see bigger losses

x2. I lost about that much when I put mine on

My truck has the 5.3L with the 3.42 gears with 33" on 20s.. I was getting a combine city 70%/hwy 30% around 16 mpg. But now Im getting around 14 mpg. I dont have a tune just exhaust and intake. I plan on getting a black bear tune and 4.10 gears hopefully get my 2mpg back :lol:

i have 275 65 Buckshots on my truck and when i have the stock 265's on i could get 19 on the highway if i stayed close to 75. now i stay about 16.5 and thats not a 33 so tread dependant, id say you could loose as much as 4 if its a wide heavier tire.

• 2 weeks later...

03 5.3 Z71. Got 16 hwy. Bought Hypertech Economizer programmer. Check engine light sets code for knock sensor. Deprogram, light out. Hypertech technician says defective sensor. BS. Anyway, got 19 hwy. Put on 33 MT baja claws. Back to 16 hwy.

For grins, went to drag strip. Ran with it programmed and deprogrammed. 1/8 time is better with it deprogrammed.

Programmer now for SALE!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hypertech sucks. Superchips is much better in the handheld tuner department.

is hyperchip the best one or is there better ones out there like the sct sf3 or the diablosport predator? i am just wondering which one to get?

I went from 18 to 14 when I got my tires on. I have lightened my foot up however and now I am anywhere b/t 15 and 16. I do about 50/50 highway/city.

is hyperchip the best one or is there better ones out there like the sct sf3 or the diablosport predator? i am just wondering which one to get?

Get somebody like Black Bear to tune it. There is a lot of information about live and handheld programming on the site. You'll find that the majority of people prefer these over handheld.

Hypertech sucks. Superchips is much better in the handheld tuner department.

i agree. my superchips is awesome. so easy to use great gains.

Archived