6.2L (L9H) Owners - Get all your questions answered here

92 speed limiter? Really!? That's WAY too low! Too easy to get into a 2 lane road/highway passing situation and not be able to complete it because of that, with possibly fatal consequences!

You need to do 100mph to pass? Really? Hope you don't get clocked at that speed you'll be posting from jail :driving:

My sentiments exactly...... if you need to exceed 92MPH to pass another vehicle, may you should consider giving yourself more distance before executing a pass, not more speed.

Assuming the person that you are passing is doing less than 80, you would be passing the person @ over 12MPH. @ 12MPH, it should take about 5 seconds to pass.

About 10 years ago, in my '98 Silverado 5.7, I came up on a Cavalier doing ~65 on a long, straight, level 2 lane road in the middle of a clear, sunny day. Son and I saw headlights of an oncoming truck waaaaay off in the distance, and both agreed there was ample space and time, so I began my pass at 70. Our truck went to 98, when the limiter kicked in; meanwhile, that oncoming truck got real close real fast. Yeah, we made the pass in less than 5 seconds, but that didn't mean squat in light of the fact the oncoming vehicle was probably doing the average speed of 95 that all people do on that road (SR 198; Coalinga - Hanford). But we could not gauge that when the truck was so far away at the onset of the maneuver. See why I would like the extra fudge factor? It's not about me; it's about the speed of oncoming vehicles and the ability to accurately assess it from a great distance.

Sounds like this is a road to tell your son not to pass on :dunno:

Most roads in the CA Central/Northern Valley are like that; those agricultural people drive when they get out there!

Wow, this is all interesting. Mine cuts off at approx 90-92, the traffic out here on I-95 runs that speed all day long. I will get run over. LOL

I would like to raise the limit, however don't want to void the warranty on a brand new truck either. That is the dilemma.....

For those of you who were thinking about an K&N intake but worried about a MAF sensor problem, this link might be helpful. I know the stock intake system is awesome; however, a K&N would be nice. Is it worth the $ ? That is debatable, but the performance and professionalism of K&N is not. I just watched this video and thought I would share.

Mass Air Flow Sensors

Edited by RyanbabZ71

I have owned my 2011 Tx Ed Silverado ECab since June 2011 and right off the bat 5-10 day I installed programmer and 63 series KN CAI and the monster really came alive with no more limits on speed (isolated Flat road) I hit 139 MPH recorded on my Navi Garmin 200i which is right on the money with my speedometer. Tires are rated at 130 eagle LS's 20's. I have removed the factory muffler and installed a 3.5"magnaflow and man does it sound mean and seems to add to a better exhaust flow IMO. Before I owned a 2010 Tundra w/5.7 and 4:30 gears and yes then I thought it was fast and it was (115 max speed)but this new chevy is faster and yes I have spanked Hemi rams, other Tundras 5.7's, Nissans Titans and ford 6.2 (Harley edition) Ecoboast F150's and 5.0's F150. Even a few mustangs 2010 and older and I did get beat by a 392 Challenger but that was expected but he was surprised at first when I hung in there for a brief moment. My build sheet shows 3.42 gears with 4 wheel disc (required w/6.2) 9.5 axle in rear and a max towing PKG and performance PKG. Its 2wd also. I thought the 9,5 axle and max towing came with only 3.73 gears so unsure why mine has the 3:42's in it ? I will be taking it to the Houston motor sports drag strip to see what she will do but I'm pretty sure its in the mid to high 13's. Soon to come for mods will be Headers (ceramic shorty headers of some type) and then a TB spacer.

Edited by txmuder

I have owned my 2011 Tx Ed Silverado ECab since June 2011 and right off the bat 5-10 day I installed programmer and 63 series KN CAI and the monster really came alive with no more limits on speed (isolated Flat road) I hit 139 MPH recorded on my Navi Garmin 200i which is right on the money with my speedometer. Tires are rated at 130 eagle LS's 20's. I have removed the factory muffler and installed a 3.5"magnaflow and man does it sound mean and seems to add to a better exhaust flow IMO. Before I owned a 2010 Tundra w/5.7 and 4:30 gears and yes then I thought it was fast and it was (115 max speed)but this new chevy is faster and yes I have spanked Hemi rams, other Tundras 5.7's, Nissans Titans and ford 6.2 (Harley edition) Ecoboast F150's and 5.0's F150. Even a few mustangs 2010 and older and I did get beat by a 392 Challenger but that was expected but he was surprised at first when I hung in there for a brief moment. My build sheet shows 3.42 gears with 4 wheel disc (required w/6.2) 9.5 axle in rear and a max towing PKG and performance PKG. Its 2wd also. I thought the 9,5 axle and max towing came with only 3.73 gears so unsure why mine has the 3:42's in it ? I will be taking it to the Houston motor sports drag strip to see what she will do but I'm pretty sure its in the mid to high 13's. Soon to come for mods will be Headers (ceramic shorty headers of some type) and then a TB spacer.

I have a Tx edition 6.2 as well (sounds like the exact same truck as yours). Bought it in september, So far I have added a BB tune, 3.5" mag, and arh 1-3/4" headers. This thing really moves. I think all Tx editions come with 20's and 3:42 gears to support the Z60 suspension.

My build sheet shows 3.42 gears with 4 wheel disc (required w/6.2) 9.5 axle in rear and a max towing PKG and performance PKG. Its 2wd also. I thought the 9,5 axle and max towing came with only 3.73 gears so unsure why mine has the 3:42's in it ? I will be taking it to the Houston motor sports drag strip to see what she will do but I'm pretty sure its in the mid to high 13's. Soon to come for mods will be Headers (ceramic shorty headers of some type) and then a TB spacer.

Denali's only come with 3.42's. Because your denali is 2wd, you get the 9.5" rear end. If your denali had the AWD option, then you would have had an 8.5" rear end. If you would have gotten a regular GMC Sierra with the max trailer package you would have gotten the 3.73's. Also don't waste your money on a throttle body spacer. They don't do anything. :thumbs:

but I'm pretty sure its in the mid to high 13's. Soon to come for mods will be Headers (ceramic shorty headers of some type) and then a TB spacer.

Don't waste your money on the shorty hdrs, they do nothing for performance.

Only the long tbs work well.