6.2L (L9H) Owners - Get all your questions answered here

Hey guys, the first thing on the list is an intake. I know I want a K&N but is there much of a difference in the series. For those of you who have them, what series did you go with? My mechanic friend I go to for everything says 57 series but I wanted some outside info. Thanks.

Hey guys, I got my new sierra a week ago. The 6.2 is amazing and so is the knowledge gained in these threads. First on the list is a K&N intake and a Magnaflow exhaust. After that a custom tune from Nelson this summer, because I can't get a response from BlackBear. Still in the break-in stage and still haven't really got on the gas :nono:

i got on the gas from day 1. i read about the hard break-in, and it makes sense to me, supposed to seal the rings better initially. Controversial but figured i would give it a shot. currently @2500k with no issues,

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/Start-up-and-Brake-In-Procedures-W106C46.aspx

Hey guys, I got my new sierra a week ago. The 6.2 is amazing and so is the knowledge gained in these threads. First on the list is a K&N intake and a Magnaflow exhaust. After that a custom tune from Nelson this summer, because I can't get a response from BlackBear. Still in the break-in stage and still haven't really got on the gas :nono:

i got on the gas from day 1. i read about the hard break-in, and it makes sense to me, supposed to seal the rings better initially. Controversial but figured i would give it a shot. currently @2500k with no issues,

http://www.mototuneu..._in_secrets.htm

http://www.crateengi...es-W106C46.aspx

Thanks for the links, I read them both. I can defiantly say I am too scared to break it in by running it hard. It makes sense, but I just can't do it haha :uhoh:

Wouldn't waste my money on an intake or exhaust mods for this engine as the two factory installed systems are about as good as it gets already.

You guys getting 12.5 mpg at 80 mph must be somewhere really cold, your truck is an NHT build or you have some mods done to it that have affected your mileage (tires/wheels/etc) because mine will still pull down 16 mpg flat at 80 in 35 degree weather but I'm just a Z71 and all stock so....... :dunno:

Leave the exhaust alone unless you are doing headers and muff(factory exhaust is awesome). I have ARH headers on mine now with a magnaflow 3.5" muff and it really runs like it should. Lots of low end torque that wasn't there before and overall it breathes better and revs faster with the addition of long tubes.

Leave the exhaust alone unless you are doing headers and muff(factory exhaust is awesome). I have ARH headers on mine now with a magnaflow 3.5" muff and it really runs like it should. Lots of low end torque that wasn't there before and overall it breathes better and revs faster with the addition of long tubes.

What part number?

What part number?

Magnaflow #12909

ARH long tube headers 1-3/4" with cats and y pipe.

Wouldn't waste my money on an intake or exhaust mods for this engine as the two factory installed systems are about as good as it gets already.

You guys getting 12.5 mpg at 80 mph must be somewhere really cold, your truck is an NHT build or you have some mods done to it that have affected your mileage (tires/wheels/etc) because mine will still pull down 16 mpg flat at 80 in 35 degree weather but I'm just a Z71 and all stock so....... :dunno:

Any difference between the new 6.2 and say 07-10 6.2?

Any difference between the new 6.2 and say 07-10 6.2?

I believe that there is a difference in the 07-09 and the 2010 -present. I'm sure someone will chime in but I think it has something to do with AFM like the 5.3's have.

I don't believe the 6.2L was available until 2009. Prior to that it was the 6.0 and I do know the 2008 did have AFM. I may be wrong, but I don't think there is any difference between the 6.2L from 2009 to current.

When I do drive my truck to work the speed limit is 45-55. There are too many cops on my route to go much faster than that. I still only have 5K miles on my truck

Plus all the speed camera's that are popping up everywhere!!!

Not sure how far you are from Fairfax,VA but if you've drivin through it you know what I mean.