6.2L (L9H) Owners - Get all your questions answered here

I don't believe the 6.2L was available until 2009. Prior to that it was the 6.0 and I do know the 2008 did have AFM. I may be wrong, but I don't think there is any difference between the 6.2L from 2009 to current.

I have an 08 sierra denali with a 6.2. The SD in 07 also had the 6.2. The Denali/SUV/Caddy was the only truck to have the 6.2 until 2010 I think.

• Like 1

I don't believe the 6.2L was available until 2009. Prior to that it was the 6.0 and I do know the 2008 did have AFM. I may be wrong, but I don't think there is any difference between the 6.2L from 2009 to current.

I have an 08 sierra denali with a 6.2. The SD in 07 also had the 6.2. The Denali/SUV/Caddy was the only truck to have the 6.2 until 2010 I think.

Is it the L9H motor?

You guys getting 12.5 mpg at 80 mph must be somewhere really cold, your truck is an NHT build or you have some mods done to it that have affected your mileage (tires/wheels/etc) because mine will still pull down 16 mpg flat at 80 in 35 degree weather but I'm just a Z71 and all stock so....... :dunno:

Yes, NHT, was under 25 at least, and leveling kit and 20s kill mileage with increased speed im sure.

The silverado's got it in 09. I did not know about the Denali having it in their trucks first though :thumbs:

Is it the L9H motor?

No, it's a L92 truck engine that came stock in the Denali from 07-08 i know for sure. And it don't have AFM.

Edited by tmoney92

L92 was available in the Sierra Denali's only, from '07 to '08. '09 to current model year pickups use the L9H. Both are 6.2l but the L9H just has some minor intake and exhaust improvements in both the manifolds and in the cylinder heads. Both engines had VVT but no AFM. Only the 6.2's that were installed in the Yukon Denali's and Escalades had AFM. I do not, however, believe the L92's had E-85 capability but I can't find 100% supporting evidence for that claim either so......

Edited by ChevyTech77

Overview

The Vortec 6.2L V-8 VVT (L9H) is one of the most technically advanced truck engines in the segment, with features that include variable valve timing and E85 flex-fuel capability. The L9H's balance of performance and efficiency is great airflow throughout. Intake flow was improved by straightening out and optimizing the flow path from the intake manifold into the cylinder heads, while the exhaust ports are also designed for greater flow.

The 6.2L is the most powerful of GM's Vortec V-8s. It delivers exceptional refinement to go with brute strength, and advanced technologies such as cam-in-block variable valve timing. It was also developed for quieter operation, with virtually every system or component reviewed in an effort to reduce noise, vibration and harshness. Quiet features built into the engine are complemented by an improved engine cradle and mounting system. These help reduce vibrations transmitted through the chassis and into the passenger compartment.

To bring the mileage back in, it sure goes down the more you use (let run) the remote start. My last tank netted a whopping 11 mpg! Got 12 in my 06 Z71 w/33's. My old 06' with the 5.3 would bog down and kick down into 2nd when going through the hills at 70-75 mph. Now, I just breeze up them without hesitation at all. Might kick down to 5th once or twice, but that is it. Love it!

All of our engines, 5.3-6.2, can haul the 10,500 lbs. The problem is stopping your truck! Making turns! That is when it becomes a scary ordeal that we have to follow specs for.

I cannot even get any of those other trucks to get on it when I am around! I did pull a 2011 Charger with just a plain Hemi, he was pissed. I do not think he could drive?? Then got spanked by a Magnum SRT8....oh well...

Still considering a tune, 6 mo. old, 2300 miles!

• Like 1