6.2L (L9H) Owners - Get all your questions answered here

I do not see alot of talk on the L92 6.2. I am looking at getting an 07 Yukon Denali to pull an 18 - 20' enclosed trailer for my sons gokarts. Are the gear ratios listed on the first page good for the Yukons? I really dont want a 3/4 ton, will the the Yukon or the LTZ 6 liter Suburban handle this? I am more acclimated to the 2500 and 3500 trucks just getting tired of the high Diesel and maintence. Thanks for the help.

Can we just close & delete this thread? :smoker:

Actually appreciate getting to read all the info. But still kicking myself as yesterday I missed a insane deal on a left over all black '11 ex-cab w/6.2. Found it online & dealer was 200+ miles away. They had put some 20" wheels on it that I wasn't impressed with, should have just shut up & sent the deposit. :banghead:

Can we just close & delete this thread? :smoker:

No

Can you start a thread " I hate my 6.2 & wish I bought a 4.8". Only kidding, will be looking for a '12 6.2 later in the year.

Edited by '01LS1

Get it while you can! This will be the last year for the 6.2.

Wow! If that's the case, we may be sitting on a rarer breed than we think! Could there possibly be fewer 6.2 Silverados per MY offered on the road than Corvettes of the same MY? Where would one find the production figures to confirm or repudiate that supposition?

Edited by Wolfmanjohn

Get it while you can! This will be the last year for the 6.2.

I doubt the legitimacy of this statement; however, if true I'm glad I got mine when I did.

Take it fwiw......http://news.pickuptr...ck-engines.html

I don't see where the 6.2L is getting discontinued.. just moved up to the HD class. They are not going to put the 7.0L in them as originally planned.

Heavy-duty trucks are said to receive an exclusive 6.2-liter V-8. Currently, a 6.2-liter V-8 is only available for the 2007-12 Silverado and Sierra 1500 half-tons. Light- and heavy-duty models would share a 6.0-liter V-8 that’s currently only available for 2007-2012 Silverado and Sierra HD pickups. In early planning for both large displacement V-8s, supercharging was considered as an option (similar to the 2009 Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 concept truck) for maximum power while maintaining fuel efficiency. However, supercharging has been dropped from consideration for now.
Edited by EX-F150 owner