What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

I'll trade you!  You can have my 74 and I'll take your whatever.  If it gets that cold here people would be too chicken *(&*( to go outside their house and we'd probably declare state of emergency.

We actually have a travel advisory at the moment. Crazy only about 3” of snow . [emoji2361]

Ryan B.

Yick. That was last night here, snowed a few inches. Was 4 below when I dropped Clyde off at the body shop. Always a weird and sad feeling leaving your pride and joy with somebody else. 

Enterprise didn't have anything today, likely Wednesday I'll have a car. Chumps. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

Yick. That was last night here, snowed a few inches. Was 4 below when I dropped Clyde off at the body shop. Always a weird and sad feeling leaving your pride and joy with somebody else. 

Oh come on, there has to be better things in life to have pride and joy in than a silly vehicle. 

Used tailgate as a bench to blow out my computers, change some air connections, shelf while moving stuff around/cleaning in the garage, and then did a quick vacuum job.  Also rolled 97k the other day.  I should probably wash it and clean the interior again next week before my road trip.  Maybe put the centramatic wheel balancers back on and hope they do something.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Got all the darn salt off of it. Wasn’t to bad the ceramic coating plus ceramic boost i used prior to the storm really helped

130e40742504db28577c0a140a466291.jpgd1c90c639b67cc64f95b341ba880167f.jpgaf2939cd528df85942e20d7548ac91a0.jpg4b7040213e1958517ad8c307ef2d98d1.jpg

Ryan B.

Interesting that you got the Goodyears and I got the Bridgestones.  I wonder why they changed like that?

8 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Interesting that you got the Goodyears and I got the Bridgestones.  I wonder why they changed like that?

From what I understand- they will allow the tire manufacturers to bid every year or two. 

After almost 3.5 years and 2 dash cams I finally got around to using a hard wiring kit.  No use for parking mode, even if my current one supported it, so I just ran both wires together on the add a circuit.  I guess I'll see if my truck lights on fire.  Nice thing about the hard wire kit is it has a low voltage cut off.  I'm curious to see when it cuts off at each setting since I've ran my dash cam for almost 3 days before and truck starts up fine.  Also changed out the phone cradle for one that charges wirelessly.  I wish I could find a cradle for what apparently is an odd way to mount it, I mount it on the side of the radio vertically instead of on the windshield or the dash.  Also picked up a couple BT to aux adapters to test out, they seem to work fine in short testing.  Thus concludes Fatty's tech update, another 10 years here we come!

Told my buddy he's going to get my truck for a week or two and he can fix everything that's wrong with it.  He laughed but I was serious.  He's always telling me he can fix this and that and do it in less time than the dealership so it'll be put up or shut up!  To be fair the stealership had it for over 5 months in less than 2 years and they never really did fix it so it's a pretty low bar.

On 11/12/2019 at 7:13 AM, Colossus said:

Oh come on, there has to be better things in life to have pride and joy in than a silly vehicle. 

Like what? ?

He's in the paint booth. Buzzed down there during lunch. Not outside, not downstairs, and both paint booths were closed. Closer!

I do like my rental though, 2018 JK Wrangler Unlimited. Kinda fun to toss around!

Wednesday night there were pretty high winds and apparently nature didn't like my truck and dropped a branch on my roof. I didn't hear it but everyone else heard something go bang during the night. I also didn't notice the dome light knocked out of its spot until today when I went to drive it. Got back went to pack up the tent and tried to turn the cargo light on, nothing. No 3rd brake light either. So I guess I'll be taking that out when I get home tomorrow night and seeing if the LEDs were damaged in the impact or if it's something else. Just what I needed. Not sure if I want to bother trying to do the repair myself or just do a claim and hope someone else does the job right. Paint is going to need some work too since that's chipped/cracked as well. 20191128_110908.thumb.jpg.04cedb0e805a498f642c7e40bd4229d9.jpg20191128_110919.thumb.jpg.f0bb142b9b67d7702bf7f6ecd3b149c1.jpg20191129_110010.thumb.jpg.111851ea19b64071cd8b7d19a6459f32.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

On 11/27/2019 at 3:20 PM, RyanbabZ71 said:

Nice spring I plan to do mine which kit did you use?

Gave mine a thanksgiving bath

3cd19e806d68e7ae1646d32a4e1a492e.jpg

Ryan B

If talking about mine, I used Belltech suspension. Happy with the spring as they used Quality performance product they is designed on the track.