What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Had a wierd issue with the Mazda, wife pulled out of driveway and two lights stayed on and another flashing. Looked it up in the manual

and it signals a "electronic brake force distribution issue", and recommended parking immediately and towing to a dealer. I disconnected the battery, pulled the abs fuse, and put it back together. It's fine now. I think the battery was low since it was inactive for weeks. Wonder how much money I just saved :lol:

• Like 2

646,000 on the SRW, figure it was time to pull radiator because changing fan clutch.  The truck still doesn't get hot like the 2010 did.  Never seen temps above 215.
MVIMG_20190801_093652_zps6gzutnll.jpg

Also put on some rancho 9000 shocks.  Set to 7.

• Like 2

Came close to having a pucker moment and finally getting a new front bumper earlier today.  Even if the 2 lanes next to me weren't empty I think I might have stopped in time as I didn't really brake all that hard.  Only thing I can think of is I didn't expect traffic to just dead stop like that, normally pretty good at stopping well in advance.  I guess I was due, probably the closest I've come in a couple years.

• Like 1

Did quite a bit of shopping, cleaned out the garage, and did a power steering flush. As far as I can tell first one too. 10 years and 92725 miles might be a bit too long. I don't know what color the factory fluid was but I'm sure it wasn't supposed to be some of the colors coming out during the flush. 20190817_172622.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Don't feel bad - I haven't done mine yet in 12 years, 98k miles! Just did the coolant and brake fluid at year 8. Fluid was green, lol.

Well it can't be any worse than it was, or so I hope.  I did brake fluid last year and coolant the year before.  Transmission fluid somewhere around 2 years ago as well.  Rear end was refilled 3 or 4 times last year.  So I think I've done all the fluids.   Just means it's time to get a new fangled complicated thingie right?  Hopefully this thing holds together long enough for the kinks to be worked out of the 6.6 gasser if I decide to not stick with a duramax.

When mine rusts out, I'll be replacing it with something 40 or more years older. I'll just have to find something modern for a winter beater. Ones that will do us all a favor by rusting out ... ?

15 hours ago, Chevyguy85 said:

Did quite a bit of shopping, cleaned out the garage, and did a power steering flush. As far as I can tell first one too. 10 years and 92725 miles might be a bit too long. I don't know what color the factory fluid was but I'm sure it wasn't supposed to be some of the colors coming out during the flush. 20190817_172622.jpg

It's not to hard to add a little cooler to the PS on these LMMs.  IDK why it was eleminated on that engine model.  The years before had it and the models after do.  

I had to change out lines multiple times on the 2010, even the brake master cylinder do to leakes.  Get the heat of that oil down the leaks stop.

• Like 1

Yeah the PS write up thread suggests adding a cooler. I don't tow heavy, or at all really, so not much of a reason for me to add one. It went 10 years and no known problems, hopefully go a few more. I need to figure out why the damn tires won't stay balanced/go bad.

• Like 1

I have used a simple procedure for the last several years on my personal vehicles and commercial vehicles...  Twice a year, usually spring and fall, I use a suction gun and remove the fluid from the PS reservoir and replace it with fresh.  Might not be the most perfect solution, but easy and quick.