What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

On 9/21/2019 at 7:05 PM, Chevyguy85 said:

Got around to putting fatty on a scale since there's one right down the road from my buddy. Had to go there to pick up my brake set and replacement rotors. Even running the rears at 50PSI I'm well above the inflation minimum. Chart only goes down to 35PSI and they'd still be above the weight listed per tire at current axle load. Not that I'd go that low anyway. Since their app didn't work that's w/o me in fatty though. Also found a nice little nope rope in my driveway when I got home. 20190921_212557.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Haha, Love the term nope rope

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There are others but I can't say them on open forums and I actually forgot them.  Sadly some people's response to seeing snakes are to kill them.  Sent pics to my buddy and he asked me what I killed it with.  It's not bothering me why would I kill it.  Keeps the mice away and I'm pretty sure it's not a danger noodle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I don't like having to kill any snakes.  I have a standing invite to the local county ranger that if he ever gets a bull snake  that he doesn't know what to do with, bring it by and put it in my pole barn.

I already have a  very good, healthy over 4' bull snake living there now. Call him Beaurogard the Wonder Snake.  He is a great mouse snake.  Did have another snake in there helping out Beau, one of the largest Garter snakes I had ever seen.  About 30" give or take.  But the neighbor who stores his golf carts in my pole barn during the winter accidentally ran over and killed Beau's mouse buddy early this last summer.

Snakes are great for the ecosystem.  Wife can't stand them.  I don't want to play with them either, but they do a great job for us.

Edited by Cowpie
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up early to get to the stealership for a road force balance and truck wouldn't crank.  Finally realized why fatty was acting weird the last couple weeks, bad battery.  Oddly enough it was the cranking battery again too.  I would have thought it would be the secondary battery with all the stuff that's hooked up to it.  By now I should know the symptoms of a bad battery but I'm dumb I guess.  10-28-16 I put those batteries in, got lucky the guy at autozone warrantied them both out so I have 2 new batteries since I only had 8 days left of free warranty replacement.  Made it to the stealership for road force.   Afterwards stopped to say hi to my parts buddy at the GM stealership and give him some 6x9 speakers for his son.  The strike is getting to the parts department there, has been.  Took him out to lunch since the weather didn't want to decide what it wanted to do.  Maybe I'll get around to rotating the tires, oil & filter change, fuel filter change, and spin on transmission filter change tomorrow.  Need to do that and clean fatty inside and out before my trip Sunday.  Sales guy liked my air horns though lol

Went to the range to see if I could still hit the broadside of a barn.  Came home and did everything I said yesterday that needed to be done today, except cleaning.  I did clean the rims and simulators though.  Need to get the oil sample ready to send off as well.  Tomorrow I'll find out if I did anything wrong with a trip to the coast.  Need to check the transmission fluid level after it warms up since I didn't go anywhere yet.  Also put some frozen water bottles in the coolers to prechill them and put them in the bed as well.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 7:54 AM, Cowpie said:

Yeah, I don't like having to kill any snakes.  I have a standing invite to the local county ranger that if he ever gets a bull snake  that he doesn't know what to do with, bring it by and put it in my pole barn.

I already have a  very good, healthy over 4' bull snake living there now. Call him Beaurogard the Wonder Snake.  He is a great mouse snake.  Did have another snake in there helping out Beau, one of the largest Garter snakes I had ever seen.  About 30" give or take.  But the neighbor who stores his golf carts in my pole barn during the winter accidentally ran over and killed Beau's mouse buddy early this last summer.

Snakes are great for the ecosystem.  Wife can't stand them.  I don't want to play with them either, but they do a great job for us.

Had a relative that took every cat they could find for their dairy farm. Problem was they were dying faster than they could get them. One slept under the tire, one was sleeping under the brush hog, one got too close to the cow, coyotes kept having them for dinner, they had a lot of stories.

On 9/29/2019 at 5:38 PM, Mikebtte said:

Completed my AFM delete and finished recording it as well. It is a pain to do a job and trying to note it with a camcorder.

I'm going to go ahead and like your video since the camera work is good, the fluff it edited out, and there's no talking and no music. Excellent!

• Like 2

Smoked Bambi the end of August on the way back from Gillette. Two of his brothers were already across the road and he just couldn't wait. Thought I had that little bastard cleared, but tagged him at the last second.

Dented the front passenger door enough for a body shop trip, caught the bottom leading edge of the RF fender, and whacked the bumper cap good. By the grace of God the headlight and the actual chrome bumper appear to have survived with no damage. 

That demon also sheared the valve stem clean off the right front, must have caught it with his teeth. Wheel otherwise seems ok, it rebalanced fine, holds air, and there was no concerns from Big O. Got some decent scratches in it though. That, along with apparent tumbleweed damage on the left front (more scratches, I hate scratches), and I figured I'd get 4 new wheels, 4 new valve stems and TMPS sensors, and 4 new center caps to go with my new Defenders. Just waiting to get him in the shop before I start putting on new parts. Also got a new air dam (going to try actually using the recommended torque specs) and a front bumper skid plate (rock damage, keep and repaint the old one) to go on. 

Thanks to hail storms over the summer, the body shop initially thought December. I got an appointment of November 11th, but the wait is still killing me. 

After 3.5 years of driving in Wyoming winters, and a few close passes with plow trucks, my AC condenser finally let go. I know the K2s are known for faulty condensers, but judging by the appearance of mine I think it's safe to say airborne debris took it out. Cooling was gradually deteriorating, this past summer it seemed I had to stay at the LO setting more, but halfway through September it quit completely, air was ambient temp of the cabin, if not warmer. Luckily found a Mahle supplied ACDelco unit at the local dealer. Seeing as my radiator has a slow but growing leak, I got a new one of those off ebay as well as the hoses and the T-Stat. I've come to know the parts guy here well, and he's been helpful before, so when he said the original T-Stats aren't kind to the plastic rad tanks, I figured it was a good idea. 

Speaking of which, if my AC is blowing warm, and I've spotted a leak on the front of the condenser, would it be safe to assume the condenser is empty, and go ahead and swap in the new one? Would prefer not to have to make 2 trips to the shop for a system evac, though if it's needed I don't have much choice. 

Sigh. When it rains it pours. And the poor guy still needs a proper bath. 

• Sad 1

Just curious but what does a replacement filter cost?  I never owned my Camaro long enough to find out.

[emoji2373] they are reusable (clean). Replacements are like $50 for the Camaro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1