What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Watched a 2019 Silverado still with temp tags on it get towed away.  Went into limp mode and the owner pulled into my church parking lot.  400 miles.  He was not happy.  I wanted to say that it went into limp mode because it recognized how ugly it was, but I kept my mouth shut. 

Can't seem to shake the moisture in the left fog lamp, even with running the fogs WAY more than usual. It's starting to bead and leave trails, so I broke down and ordered a new set. Will definitely be looking at the old one to see why there's an issue. Since I'll have my front bumper off in about a month for front end realignment following my bodyshop trip, I went ahead and got new bezels. Kinda roughed up the old ones by removing the fogs but leaving the bumper on. 

New wheels, new tires, new center caps, new TPMS sensors, new air dam, new lower bumper skid plate, he's gonna be a spiffy dude once all the bodywork is complete and I add my new parts!

Local shop checked my AC system and there no refrigerant left LOL, so I can proceed with parts swapping there as well. Hopefully won't be too bad, though I'm not looking forward to draining the old coolant. 

Did my road trip to NC the week before last, truck hit 96k.  Might be at 100k by the end of the year.  Bought a pneumatic grease gun so I can grease my own zerks, trying to do it with the manual one I've got while laying on my back was a pain.  The one my tire shop has seems to always be broken so I might as well just do it myself.  Stealerships don't even seem to know that I have them let alone how many and where they're at.

On the way home from work tonight helped a kid change a tire, looked like tread separation.  Car tires are so much easier to change, even if I didn't have my air impact still would have been nothing to take it off manually.  Did have to use a the breaker bar on one lug though, I think the my tank was out of air.  Odd thing was there were 2 different size lugs, 2 of one size and 2 of another.

I think I'm going to replace my engine air filter, as far as I know it's still the original one.  Wonder what it's supposed to replaced at.  Other than being a bit discolored it seems fine.  Think I read 25k it's supposed to replaced.

Took a few hours to empty out, clean, and reorganize my truck box/tool box.  Even though I know I have a lot of stuff in there, pulling it all out and putting it back in really emphasizes how much I have in there.  Also go t the results of my first oil analysis today. Engine is doing well and so is the oil.

FATTY-191011.thumb.jpg.03073429be85f2c9091ab94b7141c443.jpg

Edited by Chevyguy85
  • Like 3

Cleaned driver's seat before pulling it out to replace the seat cushion. Also vacuumed where the seat usually sits, lots of food under the seat lol. I guess that's what happens when Fatty is driven by a fatty. Figured out why the rear of the seat didn't move anymore, the plastic worm gear broke a tooth. Need to get the seat back together and take a trip to the junk yard tomorrow. If that doesn't pan out I could pay $50+ to replace the 2 plastic gears with brass instead. Not sure if I want to pay that much. Of course you can't buy just the plastic gears. If anyone knows where I can get just the gears chime in please. 20191107_181803.jpg20191107_182853.jpg20191107_170749.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

I hate snow. Truck was spotless the weekend

05633cbf466eb0d17dd57e2efa44a12b.jpg

fbd99209138536356fdd62696556069d.jpg

Ryan B.

I feel your pain.  I'm heading up to mom's in PA tomorrow and it is going to be a nasty 9 hour drive in the rain and when I get closer to PA, snow!  My truck is nice and clean right now inside the garage but that will end tomorrow! :(

Yesterday buddy and I went and did some work on the boat trailer. New bearings, brackets, and brakes on the 2 drivers side. Went to do the same on the passenger side and they're still serviceable. I talked about putting brakes on the 3rd axle and now I've got a set to do it with. Old 2 from passenger side will go to rear and then we'll put the remaining 2 new sets in their place. All that's left is to attach the brake line back to the driver's side and check fluid level. Boat might be moved to my buddy's house in the next couple months.

Cleaned off the back porch. 440lbs of crap gone and lots more room. Then drove out to cocoa for fiberglass and related materials for my boat and buddy's boat. It was windy out today.

Also what's this snow stuff? 20191111_110400.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1