What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

I've had one of those on the Silverado up here in the road salt capitol of New England, MA, for 12 years now. 95k miles on it. Pipe and muffler are a bronze color now, but they're still solid. Only the hardware nuts and bolts have turned to rust stalactites. Everything else is still intact. Will last you forever down there!

Love the sound. It's got a throaty, but super quiet rumble at idle, then opens up pretty loud when you're in the meat of the power band with a heavy dose of throttle.  You won't be disappointed.:thumbs:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Gave fatty a quick bath and a quick clean of the front interior. One day I'll get a water softener so it doesn't spot so bad. Also put some RainX on the windows and mirrors. Used some RainX water repellent stuff on the front end too. The truck needs to be clayed, doubt that'll ever happen.

Does this count as fitting in the garage? [emoji16]20190622_121717.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yeah y'all have mentioned Aquapel a few times.  I already have enough rainx to last me a couple more years probably.  Especially since I rarely use it even though I really should be using it all the time.

Is there an air temperature or range of temps that the AC should be pushing out?  I think I found a thread for my generation from years ago on here but it didn't seem to conclude there was a temp it was supposed to put out.  2009 Sierra.

Yesterday I didn't park in the shade while at work so truck cooked out in the sun.  Thermometer in the ac vent said 125.  It maxes out at 125.  The truck's outside temp said 99 or there abouts.  Today truck was 102 inside and it was 100 again outside according to the truck.  Shade helps more than tinted windows and windshield shade apparently.  Helped a friend move a couch, table, and chairs.  Second run finished and unloaded to the stairwell of the apartment complex right as the skies opened up.  On my trip home I got some interesting dashcam footage, especially when the trip home is less than 5 miles.

Edited by Chevyguy85
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Looks like too many people from up here are moving down there, judging from their driving skills ... :sick:

Too many people was well over a decade ago.  I wouldn't care except they're "fleeing" the hell hole north yet when they get here they change absolutely nothing about the way they do things.  Then they wonder why it sucks down here.  That's why you have to go north to get south in FL.  On the bright side that roof held up pretty well on the car.  Would have been interesting to see how they manged to roll AND spin the car though.  Little bondo and some super glue to put the wheel back on and it'll be good to go.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chevyguy85 said:

Too many people was well over a decade ago.  I wouldn't care except they're "fleeing" the hell hole north yet when they get here they change absolutely nothing about the way they do things.  Then they wonder why it sucks down here.  That's why you have to go north to get south in FL.  On the bright side that roof held up pretty well on the car.  Would have been interesting to see how they manged to roll AND spin the car though.  Little bondo and some super glue to put the wheel back on and it'll be good to go.

We get the same crap up here even. All the Boston people fled that hellhole where you pay $750,000 for a house on TENTHS of an acre of land, and move to central MA where they can get acreage and the same mansion for 2/3rds the cost. They've driven property taxes up through the roof in my home town - my poor dad is paying almost $6,000 a year in property taxes. He's retired with no kids in the school system anymore (my younger brother graduated 25 years ago), and every year these jackoffs demand bigger schools, bigger police and fire departments (in a town with nearly zero crime). Then the town maintains the roads the mansions are on, while neglecting the old neighborhood where I grew up - it's full of half-assed patch jobs, with  runoff constantly flowing across, since they removed a drain that had been there for 5 decades - idiots! Everyone pays out the ass there, yet, the place is becoming worse than a 3rd world country with roads and maintenance ... unless you make the big bucks (everyone that works for government or healthcare ...).

They're like a cancer, ruining everything they come in contact with. Southern NH was overrun by them, now they're trying to create their liberal utopia there, too. :mad: When you see someone with NH plates driving like a total A-hole, that's a former MA resident.

• Sad 1

Ha.  Think about how we feel here in Colorado and other western mountain states where we get a huge influx of California liberals that want to change all the laws here to reflect what they have in Cali. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/26/2019 at 8:05 PM, Colossus said:

Ha.  Think about how we feel here in Colorado and other western mountain states where we get a huge influx of California liberals that want to change all the laws here to reflect what they have in Cali. 

7 hours ago, Chevyguy85 said:

Exactly what's happening here too.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

So there's hope for CA, is that what you're saying?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So there's hope for CA, is that what you're saying?

They feel like my shop does during a F-16 phase or when a certain type of other plane comes in, contractor or not [emoji23]

You guys are that bad, but sometimes with the military it’s like an invasion. If that fancy fighter comes in that we have like 4 of built before yours comes in, we have no room. They bring like the whole crew Chief section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2