What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Thanks for the pic SnakeEyeSS. He still runs well, so I'm not too worried about it. May change the plugs with my next tire rotation, seeing as I'll have the wheels off (thinking access through the wheel wells will be a CINCH!). 

Belts were easy, the AC and Vacuum belts came with installation tools that made life much easier. Tensioner was also a quick and easy R&R. Everything is nice and quiet again. So glad salt is such a rare occurrence out here. The frame rails look remarkably decent for nearly 3 years on the road. That being said, I have more Amsoil HD metal protector coming from @Black02Silverado (THANK YOU NICK! He rules!). The first spraying worked wonders, so I'm excited to see what more coverage can help with. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

Thanks for the pic SnakeEyeSS. He still runs well, so I'm not too worried about it. May change the plugs with my next tire rotation, seeing as I'll have the wheels off (thinking access through the wheel wells will be a CINCH!). 

Belts were easy, the AC and Vacuum belts came with installation tools that made life much easier. Tensioner was also a quick and easy R&R. Everything is nice and quiet again. So glad salt is such a rare occurrence out here. The frame rails look remarkably decent for nearly 3 years on the road. That being said, I have more Amsoil HD metal protector coming from @Black02Silverado (THANK YOU NICK! He rules!). The first spraying worked wonders, so I'm excited to see what more coverage can help with. 

Welcome!  Your HD Metal Protector should be there today or tomorrow.

Edited by Black02Silverado
  • Like 1

My Solid Fold 2.0 Toolbox Truck Bed Cover came in while I was at work today.  Spent a while installing that trying to get things the way I wanted it.  Instead of cutting a notch in my bed rail cover I just left a piece out and the front clamp works fine.  Only real problem I'm having, and it's somewhat a big problem, is I can't get the rear clamp to work because the bed is in the way.  Of course it also sits right in the middle of that metal piece so moving the cover forward or back isn't an option either .  I think I'm going to see how much another set of the front clamps are and modify those to work in the back.  Even if the rear clamp did work I think I'd want another set of the front clamps in the rear just because I like how they are made vs the rear one.  I don't need the quick releasing feature anyway and if I did I could always just put the backs back in. 

Crap picture but the dang rear clamp goes right where that metal piece is.

IMG_20190403_203006.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Replaced my DRL housings.  They finally went south and started to collect water.  Found Dorman for $15 each.  Couldn't beat that so I got them and installed today. Looks much better.

thumbnail_IMG_4751.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4752.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4754.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4759.jpg

Got to love new parts. Nicely done.

• Thanks 1

Friday I used my truck to help setup for ladies day at my range moving our picnic tables around on one of the trailers.  Surprisingly I did well at backing the trailer up, especially considering the dually fenders hid the trailer and the reverse camera was fairly useless.

Saturday did the same thing except the opposite, moved things back after lady's day was finished.  Also took a bed load down to the range's storage unit.

The picture is what I received when I asked Michelin for an inflation table for their Defender LT tires.  Figured I'd post it in case anyone else was having trouble finding a chart on them.  I wanted to see if maybe I was messing up the tires by being under inflated but running duals at 55 psi their carrying capacity would be over the gross for the axle according to the door sticker.  So running 60 psi and only having 900-1300 lbs of wheel weights in the truck shouldn't do crap to the tires.

1555011838859_.jpg

• Like 2

Great example of how air pressure affects load carrying capacity ... and why you should never fill your tires to the MAX pressure listed on the sidewall. :thumbs:

Put on new brakes rotor and pads all around, and painted the calipers and brackets. Used VHT spray paint for the brackets, and Dupont paint, brush on kit for the calipers. Turned out alright.  

compressed_233536096IMG_20190407_1247370.thumb.jpg.c8d9ec35c1918a4218fc0b3f6fce11a0.jpgcompressed_2112502090IMG_20190407_1244535.thumb.jpg.e73a851cb8c774ba74c61371f0564081.jpgcompressed_846092696IMG_20190409_1731383.thumb.jpg.4868a4a7a6719584d3d0d8b8ed37b666.jpgcompressed_1574777518IMG_20190408_1729589.thumb.jpg.c19896d7d6e382f5bfac5925b28eb4cf.jpg

Edited by 2010LTZ4x4
Mis spelled a word
  • Like 2

On 4/16/2019 at 9:43 AM, 2010LTZ4x4 said:

Put on new brakes rotor and pads all around, and painted the calipers and brackets. Used VHT spray paint for the brackets, and Dupont paint, brush on kit for the calipers. Turned out alright.  

They always look so nice with fresh paint. I need to drop mine an repaint them as the last few years are starting to show.

• 3 weeks later...

Detail day

dc1134c76c6f4a7fe29b351f7376f88a.jpg

bfa7c2677c289ef89e924658bbd61763.jpg

a9b0f9382965df1039b4d99537399d67.jpg

Only a few weeks until this is in the garage (for those who don’t follow the other threads)

946db22dbe1d05936d24e6da6f17540e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 99silveradoz71 said:

Ha, must be nice. We're in our usual spring cycle of never ending rain.

It was raining when I washed the truck.  Left it in the garage until it stopped then moved it.  We have a few nice days then back to rain :(

It's the same crap weather out here in MA - I've seen the sun twice in 3 weeks. Yet another overcast, rainy day today. Got 9" of rain in April, and already closing in on an inch  for May so far.

Edited by Jsdirt