What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

47 minutes ago, Jsdirt said:

I do the same thing. I want my stuff to last - no money tree in my backyard! The z-turn gets Amsoil small engine oil (10w-30) & waterproof grease, and all the 2-stroke equipment gets Amsoil Sabre. Take care of them, they'll take care of you. My Echo weedwhacker will be 16 years old this summer - still 130 psi compression ice cold. :thumbs: 

And just how does Amsoil ensure that your stuff is going to last?  What advantage does it have over other brands? 

I've seen enough tests of it both professionally and backyard, along with my own visual evidence of parts after tearing down high-hour engines that had been running the stuff, to know it's the best protection you can buy for your equipment, bar none.

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Like 1

I've seen enough tests of it both professionally and backyard, along with my own visual evidence of parts after tearing down high-hour engines that had been running the stuff, to know it's the best protection you can buy for your equipment, bar none.

I don’t take very good care of my yard eq. I only mow when the grass is wet, I hate dust. My self propelled snapper push mower has had three oil changes in 18 years. My riding mowers Aris went 10 years before the deck went out. My brother fixed the deck still uses it. My second mower went 8 years started sounding bad Briggs engine. My brother has it now still going. My third in twenty years another Aris. I hate working on yard eq. My brother loves it. Most people I know use yard service. I tell the wife I’m not working on yard eq, so that’s the trade off. I mow three acres, so I’m saving about 500$ a month adding trimming and the garden. So I’m gonna used stuff that doesn’t break down. It gets real hot in Texas, so I ain’t working on it. Break down, I call my brother one more mower for you. I did fix a belt once. I learned my lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I don’t take very good care of my yard eq. I only mow when the grass is wet, I hate dust. My self propelled snapper push mower has had three oil changes in 18 years. My riding mowers Aris went 10 years before the deck went out. My brother fixed the deck still uses it. My second mower went 8 years started sounding bad Briggs engine. My brother has it now still going. My third in twenty years another Aris. I hate working on yard eq. My brother loves it. Most people I know use yard service. I tell the wife I’m not working on yard eq, so that’s the trade off. I mow three acres, so I’m saving about 500$ a month adding trimming and the garden. So I’m gonna used stuff that doesn’t break down. It gets real hot in Texas, so I ain’t working on it. Break down, I call my brother one more mower for you. I did fix a belt once. I learned my lesson.

Good thing you're running older stuff. The new stuff is just as bad as modern automobiles - built the exact same way. They have zero neglect tolerance. That said, Ariens is still one of the best you can buy today.

Snapper used to be REAL solid machines - not sure now, though. I've got an old, neglected push one - just got to get around to getting it running. Sat outside for years, but I have no doubt it'll work fine. 

I love working on lawn equipment, compared to modern cars. It's like a day off!  :lol:

Good thing you're running older stuff. The new stuff is just as bad as modern automobiles - built the exact same way. They have zero neglect tolerance. That said, Ariens is still one of the best you can buy today.

Snapper used to be REAL solid machines - not sure now, though. I've got an old, neglected push one - just got to get around to getting it running. Sat outside for years, but I have no doubt it'll work fine. 

I love working on lawn equipment, compared to modern cars. It's like a day off!  :lol:

My brother too. He has a yard full of dodge trucks he restores. He has his original 79 little red he races on two rebuilds. He runs ROW clearing crews. He’s constantly working on weed eaters, trimmers etc. I use to drop them at the shop.

• Like 1

On the Silverado front ...

Almost there! Sure is a beautiful sight! Threw the stock shims back in, and had PERFECT backlash! Miracles never cease.

I also tore down the stock differential. The G80 mechanism was perfect - no damage. I had originally suspected it had come unglued, and was the cause of the spider gear damage. Found no reason inside for the broken spider gear teeth tips, aside from GM cutting corners, YET AGAIN. :mad: Cheap crap metal. In all my years of abusing vehicles, I have NEVER had this happen. 97,322 miles. Meanwhile, my '86 Grand Marquis continues down the road with its OE differential at 250k+ miles, and same with our '93 Volvo 940 at 184k miles. 

The ring, pinion, axles, and axle bearings were the only parts I reused.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-21-at-8-50-35-PM.png

Edited by Jsdirt

Last 4ish weeks or so I've had the tires road forced and the front end aligned.  Finally got around to taking the wheel weights out of the bed.  1,000ish pounds only dropped the rear end an inch.  I think that was the first time I've ever taken a tailgate off too.  Installed centramatics when I rotated the tires and did an oil/filter change.  I guess I need to take the wheel weights off, shake/vibration got worse.  Figured I'd try with the weights on before going through the effort of removing them.  I still think one or more tires are going bad again.  Cleaned the bugs off my front end one Saturday only to have it covered again when I drove out to the coast.  Wasn't even clean an hour and those stupid love bugs loved all over my front end and fenders.  I've washed the front end/fenders twice since then and just a 20 minute drive to work makes it look like I never touched it.  Stupid love bug season.  Cleaned my garage finally, now I can at least nose or butt the truck in if I need to do some work on it.  The extang tool box bed cover is working out well so far, still need to modify the rear clamp system.  Other than the rear clamp and small leaks up front by the tool box it's been fine.  Some double sided tape will fix that little gap where the water is getting in if I really need the bed to be leak free.  I need to seal my rear passenger tail light housing up, water gets in there when washing the truck and maybe rain.  Quite a bit of water too.  Bought a work table/bench from HD brought that home, I need to take it back and exchange for another one since this one is warped and the doors don't close right w/o locking them.  I guess that's why it's so cheap, just want it for a casting bench anyway.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

447e689767b009883efeb76cc677b1e6.jpg

Door handles painted

Ryan B.

I think GM just responded to your complaint.

https://jalopnik.com/you-can-now-get-the-6-2-liter-v8-in-more-cheaper-chevy-1834954630

I bet you'd be really PO'd if you had settled for a Trail Boss when you made your order.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

Now if only they'd respond to mine. Then we'd be getting somewhere! :lol:

Just drove mine for the first time in 2 months. Differential is done. Backlash went from over .010",  to .004" Feels like I put a shift kit in it - the shifts really bang now. The old worn out carrier must've absorbed all of that prior. Could just be the tranny failing now, though. :thumbs: 

Next up is to plumb in the air lines and switch for the locking mechanism.

I think GM just responded to your complaint.

https://jalopnik.com/you-can-now-get-the-6-2-liter-v8-in-more-cheaper-chevy-1834954630

I bet you'd be really PO'd if you had settled for a Trail Boss when you made your order.

Yea seen this RST also will get the 6.2 in extended cabs. I’m happy with what I got. It’ll have everything and more . It’s High Country Trail Boss

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Well I no longer own my 2010 emoji22.png

My new daily lol dc4ad29fd755201488ca6e89d9c29a04.jpg

At least until I get the truck tinted and clear bra put on

Ryan B.

Glad you sold your 2010.  I'm sure it went to a good home and the new owner has an awesome truck now.

Glad you sold your 2010.  I'm sure it went to a good home and the new owner has an awesome truck now.

He and his wife were really excited. It went to a good home, it rained the last two days felt bad giving it away dirty. He said we will be in touch in 10 years when you go to sell your new truck lol he was hoping I had it he wanted to see it. Had to show him pics. Left the gm trucks decal on it maybe he will become a member???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro