New Truck

jdubub

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Show us some inside pics of the dash please. I would like to see the nav lay out. My biggest concern and the reason I have not purchased a ford is the long timming chain. Think about it on a gm say it has 60 links as an imaginary number and they strech .001 of an inch multiply that by 60 you get .060 total stretch stretch. Now take fords lets say 240 links with the same stretch would be .240. that is almost a 1/4 inch length change on each cam as they are independent which could equal to about 1 tooth off on your timming. Stretch like this is not going to happen for a while, but that is my personal reasoning as I have personally seen these chains in the modular engines stretch and fail and i tend to keep my vehicles a long time and plan on work my chevy hard. I may just be overly paranoid.

post-115624-0-09718300-1348279762.jpg

While there is extra chain to wear on the ford, you have to account for wear in pushrods, rockers, etc in the GM. I like the simplicity of a single cam, but I'm wondering how long GM is going to stay with the pushrod setup. IMO the 5.0 is a good motor, but I like the GM's the best. Will be interesting to see what next gen brings.

While there is extra chain to wear on the ford, you have to account for wear in pushrods, rockers, etc in the GM. I like the simplicity of a single cam, but I'm wondering how long GM is going to stay with the pushrod setup. IMO the 5.0 is a good motor, but I like the GM's the best. Will be interesting to see what next gen brings.

Over head cams have there purpose and they fit it well, but fell they have no place in a truck, but that is my opinion.

I will get some interior pics tomorrow.

These are all some valid and arguable points. Lol.

The 5.0 has been proven in the past. Yea there have been changes made to the current one from the past but I feel it is a solid motor. Then again, if I wanted to list pros and cons of anything anywhere, there would be items on both lists.

But I am impressed, figured there might be a lot of bashing on here lol.

So far this thing is solid and I really cannot find any complaints. My 08 and 10 GM's were solid as well. I did have some complaints and issues, but GM could easily be the biggest and baddest when the K2's roll out. For now, I feel this truck is best for me. My personal feeling is this one is cooler, stronger and better than my GM. But that's just my opinion of it being my truck. I've always been around fords, that is all my dad has ever bought. His 2011 king ranch half ton has been awesome, and he drives his trucks hard. All of his other fords have always been awesome as well. He puts 80k on them in about a year with all sorts of driving and terrains.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

For the most part everyone on this site is pretty understanding and doesn't hate other brands. Nothing wrong with getting what you want.

We all know one day you will be back :lol:

Enjoy the new truck

Ryan

Lol. Thanks again! I'm doing a ton of research trying to figure out what tuner I want. Seems like an SCT handheld with a custom tune.....

Without a doubt, too many vehicles nowadays are overpriced. Ford is definitely proud of these things.

Lol. Thanks again! I'm doing a ton of research trying to figure out what tuner I want. Seems like an SCT handheld with a custom tune.....

Without a doubt, too many vehicles nowadays are overpriced. Ford is definitely proud of these things.

Yes they are. They only wanted to go down to $35,000 from 37, and my current truck has way more options and the 6.2 instead of the smaller 5.0 so I got a better deal on the Chevy. Im into GM hard core, but honestly if I could have gotten that truck at the right price I probably would own it right now even though I don't care for Ford's engine designs I still love the current body style F-150. Heres a pic of the one I looked at.

IMAG0262_zpsffc10525.jpg

I don't like the looks of any fords post 1990 aside from the raptor but I do like that the crew cabs are very roomy

Sent from my truck using TAPATALK

I don't like the looks of any Fords from before 2000 lol

Archived