I tried to order a water. They still served me the Kool-Aid. Too much of a hassle to beat the system anymore

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys...it's not the cool aid. I have lived it. When I was young and growing up in Southern California we used to go out to the San Gabriel Valley and spend weekends with my Grandma. The San Gabriel mountains were due North 10 miles away and you couldn't see them all summer because the air was so bad, and after playing outside our throats would hurt and all our eyes would be red. Then pollution control in all it's various forms were implemented in passenger cars and heavy industry (there was heavy industry in So. Cal back in the day) and the air became cleaner and bad air days now are few and far between.

All the above is true as I have lived it.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a lot of issues with the SCR, DPF, EGR stuff on large diesels in semi's. I have never looked at how things are set up in the pickups. I have never had any problem with the stuff downstream, it was the EGR on the engines that really is a problem with longevity. The soot loading is criminal. If I was running one of the diesels in the pickups, I would look for a way to disable the EGR over and above doing anything else. With the lower soot loading of the EGR, the DPF regens would decrease and those units would last longer. And that would be the easiest thing to get by with regarding the EPA Nazis. It should be as simple as an ECM reprogram to delete the function. No need to actually remove it... just make it non-functional.

• 2 weeks later...
We have a lot of issues with the SCR, DPF, EGR stuff on large diesels in semi's. I have never looked at how things are set up in the pickups. I have never had any problem with the stuff downstream, it was the EGR on the engines that really is a problem with longevity. The soot loading is criminal. If I was running one of the diesels in the pickups, I would look for a way to disable the EGR over and above doing anything else. With the lower soot loading of the EGR, the DPF regens would decrease and those units would last longer. And that would be the easiest thing to get by with regarding the EPA Nazis. It should be as simple as an ECM reprogram to delete the function. No need to actually remove it... just make it non-functional.

Most guy buy blocker plates, I have full on delete. But you can buy just a simple plate or make one yourself and block the egr off. Shut the code off and your good to go!! It still looks like it's in place!

• 1 year later...

I have a over 678,000 on a emissions intact engine that gets 21 mpg highway.

Its a $25,000 fine per device for tampering with emissions and they keep the truck.

I avoided all of this nonsense with my 2013 semi truck. Ordered the truck without motor or trans. Dropped in a factory rebuilt pre-emission engine and rebuilt trans, titled and licensed, and it now has 416,000 miles on it and one of the best semi trucks I have owned. Not an EGR, SCR, DPF, or DEF tank in sight. All legal. Doing this way, buying a vehicle without motor then dropping one in, the EPA ties the emission requirements to the year the motor was made, not the vehicle. Sometime loopholes in the regs help out the little guy.

• 5 months later...

I have an LMM & my truck has never experienced regen ?.

I pulled all that crap off & tuned it immediately after buying it (actually had parts before I bought the truck).

You can argue about air quality in Komiefornia all you want, burning more fuel (regen) does NOT make sense.

Regen actually hurts the motor & trans than 25-30 hp gain does. Higher temps & wear on trans.

The government is here to protect you from yourself & empty your wallets at the same time !!!

I'm not a big fan of "rolling coal" but I'm not against it either.

Luckily here in Texas no emission testing on Diesel engines

I did save all my stock emmison stuff to put back on when I sell it.

Archived