Just did the latest Bluetooth update for the OGM1 (I know, I am late for the party). Bluetooth music now streams to my OGM1 from my iPhone. One thing I am disappointed about is that it doesn't display the song information on the screen. I didn't expect album art to Bluetooth over, but my Kenwood stereo in my little Honda will do this with the same iPhone. Did I miss a step somewhere, or isn't this option possible on the OGM1. Please say that it is possible to do this. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just did the latest Bluetooth update for the OGM1 (I know, I am late for the party). Bluetooth music now streams to my OGM1 from my iPhone. One thing I am disappointed about is that it doesn't display the song information on the screen. I didn't expect album art to Bluetooth over, but my Kenwood stereo in my little Honda will do this with the same iPhone. Did I miss a step somewhere, or isn't this option possible on the OGM1. Please say that it is possible to do this. Thanks.

I've been asking and I don't know why we can't get it.

I'm just going to keep asking...

• 1 month later...

You guys seem to come closer than any other thread I've find so far, so I'll ask the question. I have a 2012 1500 SLT. The bluetooth wouldn't even pair with my phone (or my wife's), even though her 2010 Caddy SRX would pair with both our phones. After 3 days and 2 module swap (they said VCU module??), I got it back today, and my phone paired to it lickity split. But, only for phone calls.

I put a scorscse (sp?) after market bluetooth in my 08 sierra, and I could pair my phone to it and do everything (except go through the OnStar mic). I had to install a separate mic, but other than that, everything went through the radio. My music, my navigation voice directions, my ebooks, everything. I expected the same or better from my factory bluetooth (especially on a newer vehile), and now I'm reading that I can't stream wirelessly through bluetooth to the factory radio? That can't be right is it? A 5 year old after market system worked great with the 5 year old factory radio, but a new truck won't do it?

I have no idea what this OGM1 is? I assume it is some sort of entertainment system from what I'm reading? Is that the answer? Tell me that in today's age of mobile everything, there isn't a simple answer to playing my books and music from my phone or ipod over my bluetooth capable system in my truck without plugging wires in?

20 years ago all I had to do is throw a boom box on the seat beside me and I could get custom music. Are we still at that point? I need wires plugged in everywhere to listen to my phone? Man, I can even do my daily run with no chord between my head phones and my ipod or phone. If this is truely the case, and if there is no simple fix, I'll be dissapointed in GMC. I'll still never own anything but, but I will be dissapointed.

Any advice?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

You guys seem to come closer than any other thread I've find so far, so I'll ask the question. I have a 2012 1500 SLT. The bluetooth wouldn't even pair with my phone (or my wife's), even though her 2010 Caddy SRX would pair with both our phones. After 3 days and 2 module swap (they said VCU module??), I got it back today, and my phone paired to it lickity split. But, only for phone calls.

I put a scorscse (sp?) after market bluetooth in my 08 sierra, and I could pair my phone to it and do everything (except go through the OnStar mic). I had to install a separate mic, but other than that, everything went through the radio. My music, my navigation voice directions, my ebooks, everything. I expected the same or better from my factory bluetooth (especially on a newer vehile), and now I'm reading that I can't stream wirelessly through bluetooth to the factory radio? That can't be right is it? A 5 year old after market system worked great with the 5 year old factory radio, but a new truck won't do it?

I have no idea what this OGM1 is? I assume it is some sort of entertainment system from what I'm reading? Is that the answer? Tell me that in today's age of mobile everything, there isn't a simple answer to playing my books and music from my phone or ipod over my bluetooth capable system in my truck without plugging wires in?

20 years ago all I had to do is throw a boom box on the seat beside me and I could get custom music. Are we still at that point? I need wires plugged in everywhere to listen to my phone? Man, I can even do my daily run with no chord between my head phones and my ipod or phone. If this is truely the case, and if there is no simple fix, I'll be dissapointed in GMC. I'll still never own anything but, but I will be dissapointed.

Any advice?

Thanks

Your truck only has Bluetooth phone call capability, it pairs to the OnStar system not the radio so you are not able to stream music.

Archived