2014+ Suspension Lifts

The BDS and Zone kits are not the same, made by same company yes but different. The economy lifts achieve the lift via a spacer sitting on top of the strut. The BDS kits use completely new and longer struts which is why it costs more. So if you have a spacer type lift you are still running on stock parts and the ride quality will be the exact same as stock until you change out the load range on the tires your running of course.

I hate this constant debate on what to get. I hear how many people get the BDS kit but why not just do the Zone lift then. They are practically the same thing for what I can see. Then since the ride is pretty stiff why would people not just add blisteins up front. And I guess my final thing would be are coil overs even necessary if we are taking our trucks extreme offroading? I mean don't get me wrong I will take mine offroad but now they I spent $50k rather than $20k which I spent on my last I'd like to keep this one for awhile. But just don't understand why coil over are needed. Could someone lighten me up on this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ok good question, you're in the right place! You are going to get a ton of different opinions and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Everyone has different setups. I'm running a BDS 4" and I kept my custom factory 20" wheels and put on 35" toyo rt's. I'm also running fox reservoir coilovers and fox rear shocks. I love the height, not too tall and definitely not too small. No rubbing or trimming. I've heard great things about bilsteins and even heard they're coming out with coilovers themselves. I just wouldn't go with anything more than 2.5" for levels or less than 4" for a lift unless you mix and match a level and body lift. I love the ride quality on my truck better than stock but if coilovers aren't your flavor then I'm sure many more will jump in with what some other tried and tested set ups are out there

Any pics of your set up? Also looking to go with a 4" and stock 20s with 35s

The BDS and Zone kits are not the same, made by same company yes but different. The economy lifts achieve the lift via a spacer sitting on top of the strut. The BDS kits use completely new and longer struts which is why it costs more. So if you have a spacer type lift you are still running on stock parts and the ride quality will be the exact same as stock until you change out the load range on the tires your running of course.

Ugh, both kits are essentially the same as are most all knuckle lifts. The BDS kit offers the longer front strut for the stock coil OR fox coilovers. The zone kit offers a spacer, a longer strut for the stock coil (same brand strut as BDS uses) or you can upgrade to the fox coil overs with zone too. Now zone has not yet come out with the longer strut for the k2xx trucks yet (as is the standard for the gmt900) but it will be out later this year. The main difference in the BDS and zone besides warranty and price (about $800) is BDS comes with kicker braces, Zone does not, bds front cross member is arched and zone is not and bds offers full leafs and zone does not (however since it's the same company you could build the zone kit with fox's and full leafs). Again all the knuckle lifts are VERY similar. Biggest differences are front/rear lift methods

Sent from your sister's house

Edited by jimmyboy8301
  • Like 1

Any pics of your set up? Also looking to go with a 4" and stock 20s with 35s

Yeah no prob here's a few pix

6af11a6ad40502567e73e2408e0e6420.jpge8fa727c3ca5c707826d8b8a6281c39c.jpg42bdeb5673e2ff7ec2453032ad79662e.jpg

If you want any other pix specifically let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

what was you issue with superlift. i had their kit on my dodge 2011. quality was great but i had some vibration issues that i think was just a dodge issue. they gave me some issues but eventually came to a resolution. shocks that came with the kit sucked, but they upped me to bilsteins for free. i was considering their 8 inch kit for my 15 or the 6.5 inch from zone.

I've had several BDS lifts and they are top quality with excellent service. I'm currently running Zone which is made by BDS and their "generic/budget" kit. However the zone kit has been an excellent quality kit. I've had Superlift and wouldn't consider them agsin

what was you issue with superlift. i had their kit on my dodge 2011. quality was great but i had some vibration issues that i think was just a dodge issue. they gave me some issues but eventually came to a resolution. shocks that came with the kit sucked, but they upped me to bilsteins for free. i was considering their 8 inch kit for my 15 or the 6.5 inch from zone.

terrible quality paint work on crossmember drops. Way too may creaks and squeaks. The leaf pack kept separating due to lack of clamps, so I had to clamp it myself. This was on my '08. I've loved all my BDS and Zone kits

terrible quality paint work on crossmember drops. Way too may creaks and squeaks. The leaf pack kept separating due to lack of clamps, so I had to clamp it myself. This was on my '08. I've loved all my BDS and Zone kits

looks like im going with the zone 6.5

So does the struts help any? Or would the spacer with original strut be just the same?

My 2015 z71 6inch BDS, 20/12.5 American force blades on 35 Toyo's

Did the plates come in red or did you have to have it painted? That is a nice setup. I was looking at the 6 inch but it seems pretty high in your setup, might have to settle with the 4.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

what exactly is that? does that eliminate the spacers?

with full struts there are no spacers. The struts handle the weight of the heavier tires better as well. A full coilover like Fox is even better however much more $$

Edited by jimmyboy8301

with full struts there are no spacers. The struts handle the weight of the heavier tires better as well. A full coilover like Fox is even better however much more $$

So if you are looking for a product that last then a BDS lift would be a better investment. I came up with the conclusion. Why are people going to go cheap on something like that when most people at least are paying $40k for their truck. Is $800 really that much more for a truck that cost that much.

Looking good!

Thank you my friend! I dig your set up as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1