2014+ Suspension Lifts

I don't believe you'll have an issue as a normal parking garage height is 10'-12' tall. My truck with a 6" lift and 35" tires is almost 7' tall. I can almost get into my residential home garage.

Gotcha. Im wanting to go with 35s because I like the look better on a bigger since wheel. But, I'm looking at the rcx 5in and I'm currently "leveled" (no way it's actually 2in) and plan to leave the level on when I do the whole thing. They recommend 33s for the five but since I leave the level it should have a little more room for 35s right?

Gotcha. Im wanting to go with 35s because I like the look better on a bigger since wheel. But, I'm looking at the rcx 5in and I'm currently "leveled" (no way it's actually 2in) and plan to leave the level on when I do the whole thing. They recommend 33s for the five but since I leave the level it should have a little more room for 35s right?

Isn't with that lift it is replacing the level with with lift level. Same type of lift but just bigger spacers and other components to compensate for that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Isn't with that lift it is replacing the level with with lift level. Same type of lift but just bigger spacers and other components to compensate for that.

I'm pretty sure it's just a top spacer. Not the bottom. Could be wrong though

I have my truck going in next week to install a zone 4.5. I also purchased bilstien 5100s for the front to hopefully improve shock performance. Here is my question. Based on the way my truck sits currently with a 2 inch level I almost still have an inch of rake. Front 39, Rear 39 6/8. The way I am calculating with the size blocks that come with the lift it is still going to keep me close to this much rake after the lift is installed.

My question is should I go ahead and set the 5100s on the 2nd level to hopefully get as close to level. I really want to be as close to level once the level is on and alignment is done. Thanks for any help?

I have my truck going in next week to install a zone 4.5. I also purchased bilstien 5100s for the front to hopefully improve shock performance. Here is my question. Based on the way my truck sits currently with a 2 inch level I almost still have an inch of rake. Front 39, Rear 39 6/8. The way I am calculating with the size blocks that come with the lift it is still going to keep me close to this much rake after the lift is installed.

My question is should I go ahead and set the 5100s on the 2nd level to hopefully get as close to level. I really want to be as close to level once the level is on and alignment is done. Thanks for any help?

Think the Zone lifts the front more than the back for a level look as well

Think the Zone lifts the front more than the back for a level look as well

The 4.5" kit leaves rake, the 6.5" kit is more level

It's actually the same kit, only difference is struts/spacers and blocks.

Sent from your sister's house

Edited by jimmyboy8301

Guys, looking for some advice;

want a lift but don't want to go crazy height or money wise. just want to clear a nice set of 33x12.5s, and have improved ride quality.

I'm thinking of matching bilsteins with a 3-4" lift. What are my best options?

want a lift but don't want to go crazy height or money wise. just want to clear a nice set of 33x12.5s, and have improved ride quality.

Ok good question, you're in the right place! You are going to get a ton of different opinions and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Everyone has different setups. I'm running a BDS 4" and I kept my custom factory 20" wheels and put on 35" toyo rt's. I'm also running fox reservoir coilovers and fox rear shocks. I love the height, not too tall and definitely not too small. No rubbing or trimming. I've heard great things about bilsteins and even heard they're coming out with coilovers themselves. I just wouldn't go with anything more than 2.5" for levels or less than 4" for a lift unless you mix and match a level and body lift. I love the ride quality on my truck better than stock but if coilovers aren't your flavor then I'm sure many more will jump in with what some other tried and tested set ups are out there

Here's my "opinion". Take it for what it's worth. lol

IMO "improved ride quality" with a lift = more $$$

Coilovers will be a world of improvement over stock struts but they are pricey. Fox, King etc. BDS has a replacement strut that many say is really a nice ride too. But again a BDS kit isn't inexpensive. Pro Comp is another.

When it comes to suspension, the old addage of "you get what you pay for" shouldn't be taken lightly. After all I see my truck suspension as it's foundation. You wouldn't cheap out on a foundation for your house hopefully. lol

But honestly when I see someone/anyone post that they want a lift with improved ride quality, the first thing that comes to my mind is it's not gonna be cheap. And I've seen guys try to cut corners only to redo the whole thing a second time. Which in the end, only ends up costing them more $$$ then if they'd done it right in the first place.

Just food for thought.

I spent almost an entire year researching suspension lifts. I was a newbie and had no clue. I wanted good quality and worry free warranty. Most of all I didn't want a rattle box a couple years down the road.

My opinion is BDS is #1 and a close 2nd is ProComp and that's with Fox Coilovers and Fox rears. For the budget minded I'd look into the Zone lifts. I'm sure opinions will vary. They always do. : )

For just a level and improved ride quality I'd choose Bilsteins all around.

GL with your choice. I'm sure your head will ache some from all the reading and comparing you'll be doing. I just wouldn't skimp on a brand new $50k truck.

Edited by Cato

I've had several BDS lifts and they are top quality with excellent service. I'm currently running Zone which is made by BDS and their "generic/budget" kit. However the zone kit has been an excellent quality kit. I've had Superlift and wouldn't consider them agsin

• Like 1

I've had several BDS lifts and they are top quality with excellent service. I'm currently running Zone which is made by BDS and their "generic/budget" kit. However the zone kit has been an excellent quality kit. I've had Superlift and wouldn't consider them agsin

I hate this constant debate on what to get. I hear how many people get the BDS kit but why not just do the Zone lift then. They are practically the same thing for what I can see. Then since the ride is pretty stiff why would people not just add blisteins up front. And I guess my final thing would be are coil overs even necessary if we are taking our trucks extreme offroading? I mean don't get me wrong I will take mine offroad but now they I spent $50k rather than $20k which I spent on my last I'd like to keep this one for awhile. But just don't understand why coil over are needed. Could someone lighten me up on this?