2014+ Leveling Kits

Anybody know where the 3 plugs are that go to the electric power steering aystem. Im adding half an inch right now and cant find it? Is it important to unplug them? Rougj country says to unplug them before anything

Edited by Ljrussell94

Pro Comp 2.25" Leveling Kit w/ Cooper Discoverer STT 33X12.5R20. No rubbing issues. Sorry for horrible picture quality.

Pro Comp 2.25" Leveling Kit w/ Cooper Discoverer STT 33X12.5R20

Removed Front Air Dam:

Front Air Dam Removed

Removed Factory Flaps:

Factory Flaps Removed

After installing the leveling kit I noticed that the truck sits higher in the front. So I measured the front vs. the rear and found out the front sits 0.5" taller than the rear. I ordered Pro Comp 2" blocks and U-bolts. Which arrived today, and I will be installing those this week.

• Like 1

If you look underneath the front skid plate there is the power steering rack. There are three plugs there. I unplugged mine when I installed the kit.

Thanks for that. I ended up riskin it and not unpluggin them because i couldnt find em. Still steers normal and drives normal. The truck looks alot better. I put the 2.5 inch only up front and left the rear stock. It measures to be 39.5 up front and 40 in the back. I think all these trucks seem to sit a little differently

If you look underneath the front skid plate there is the power steering rack. There are three plugs there. I unplugged mine when I installed the kit.

Thanks for that. I ended up riskin it and not unpluggin them because i couldnt find em. Still steers normal and drives normal. The truck looks alot better. I put the 2.5 inch only up front and left the rear stock. It measures to be 39.5 up front and 40 in the back. I think all these trucks seem to sit a little differently

You could have just disconnected the battery to be safe.

OK so I have the 2.5'' RC lift, and I am reaady to buy tires, but I'm not sure which ones to get. I know they both will fit, my problem is fitting it into my garage. I was hoping to get some height info form guys with the RC set up that have 275/60/20's vs 275/65/20's.

It came stock with 18's so right now with just the lift i have about 4 or so inches before I hit the garage door.

I just put a 2" leveling kit on my truck (nothing in the back) and new Toyo Open Country 275/65/20s on my Sierra All Terrain. I just went out to the garage and measured. I don't think it's exact, as it's tricky to eyeball the top of the car and hold the tape measure, but it looks to be about 75" at the highest part.

On another note, I did have to have the installers trim the felt in the wheel wells a little to get the tires not to rub, but I'm glad I went with the 65. The truck looks great and handles very well.

Here's my new Sierra All Terrain SLT 6.2 w/ 2" tuff country leveling kit and 275/65/20 Toyo Open Country tires. The tires were rubbing a little at full turn, so I had the install guys trim the felt a little. It works perfectly now and the tires look great.

x3MggTr.jpg

I have the 2.5" RC lift with 275/60R20 Cooper at/3, I measured before and after, the lift and tires gained me 3" lift in the front and 1.5"-2" in the back. Keep in mind that all tires in 275/65R20 size are LT tires. Many P tires are available in 275/60R20 size.

I just put a 2" leveling kit on my truck (nothing in the back) and new Toyo Open Country 275/65/20s on my Sierra All Terrain. I just went out to the garage and measured. I don't think it's exact, as it's tricky to eyeball the top of the car and hold the tape measure, but it looks to be about 75" at the highest part.

On another note, I did have to have the installers trim the felt in the wheel wells a little to get the tires not to rub, but I'm glad I went with the 65. The truck looks great and handles very well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2os8oqx01bivijo/2014-03-26%2007.46.46.jpg

After measuring its exactly 37" in the front and 38" in the back. It still looks uneven but on flat surface it looks great. Lowers it enough my wife and kids enjoy it also.

Edited by Isriam

Just ordered the TGP 1.5''. I Tow so I will probabbly install as a 1'' then see how it look/tows and can always add the other spacer. Also don't want too thick of a spacer and deal with ball joint issues.
Each spacer (top or bottom) is adds 1/2'' lift.

http://www.topguncustomz.com/p-6392-tgc-15-07-14-gmcadillac-1500-pickup1500-suv-front-leveling-lift-spacers.aspx

6392.jpg
I Don't know if the 4x4 and Z71 sit the same, but I really liked the 1.5 this guy did on his z71.
I still like some rake so the front doesn't "look" higher than rear (mabye something to do with body lines??)

Then add a set of A/T tires in 275/60/20 OWL (mabye these Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar 640AB & Max Load 2,680, I was looking at Cooper AT3 but dont come in OWL) and done...for now.

gy_wrang_atadvkev_owl_ci3_l.jpg

post-42817-0-61211900-1395849548_thumb.jpg

Edited by EXSlider400

OK so I have the 2.5'' RC lift, and I am reaady to buy tires, but I'm not sure which ones to get. I know they both will fit, my problem is fitting it into my garage. I was hoping to get some height info form guys with the RC set up that have 275/60/20's vs 275/65/20's.

It came stock with 18's so right now with just the lift i have about 4 or so inches before I hit the garage door.

would love the same info.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/155646-wheel-offset-tire-combo-after-lift/?do=findComment&comment=1379997

This was my build, the main problems you will have is if you start changing the offset... Hope it helps