Leaving Kit - Dealer Installed?

Will they warranty the ball joints when they wear out prematurely due to the cheap ass block style leveling kit? Will they warranty the tires or pay for you to get routine alignments?

Seems odd a dealer would do this, a suspension swap kit is one thing, a block kit will cause the above problems

Do you really think a Bilstein kit will not wear out ball joints? Think about it, same angle at the joint.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

does anyone know if the dealer has.... and will install a level kit?

Went last weekend to buy a red 2014 sierra, but the dealer had this one sitting there and I had to have it! Dealer had installed leveling kit (not sure what brand) and 305/50/r20 terra grappler all terrains. No issues with the lift; no tire rubbing or shimmy with 4wd at speed. loving it!

9926973196_46bd17927f_z.jpg

image by matthew.kaufman7, on Flickr

9926973786_b427e0a237_z.jpg

9926974086_e8e6bd1498_z.jpg

9926974106_5c7310b7ac_z.jpg

Do you really think a Bilstein kit will not wear out ball joints? Think about it, same angle at the joint.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I was told they were better by a mod shop who also sells and installs the block kits. Dealer that I bought truck from would probably void warranty w/ lift either way, but may not notice bilsteins as different height than stock

• 2 weeks later...

Went last weekend to buy a red 2014 sierra, but the dealer had this one sitting there and I had to have it! Dealer had installed leveling kit (not sure what brand) and 305/50/r20 terra grappler all terrains. No issues with the lift; no tire rubbing or shimmy with 4wd at speed. loving it!

9926973196_46bd17927f_z.jpg

9926973786_b427e0a237_z.jpg

9926974086_e8e6bd1498_z.jpg

9926974106_5c7310b7ac_z.jpg

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! now that may be the sharpest GMC i have seen yet!

All the leveling kits basically do the exact same thing. The bottom block kit and the top spacer accomplish the same thing, they make the suspension think the shock/ strut is longer. The Bilstein moves the spring perch higher on the shock body. All have the same exact effect on the front suspension. If you took the shock/ strut out of the equation and substituted a solid rod in it's place, it wouldn't make a difference if you added length to the top, middle or bottom. Think about it.

• 5 weeks later...

I work at a chevy dealer, and have installed several leveling kits, and mounted the tires up for customers. Labor is depending on which route is chosen, if its the rough country bottom spacer, I charge 1.5hrs labor plus the alignment. I go by what the estimated install time is on the lift companies website, so if it says 2 hours, that is what I will charge you to put it on, plus the alignment.

Archived