Post Pics of Your 2014+

Did you special order that tire size?? I haven't seen anybody else with 285/60/20 ko2's, nor do I see it in their spreadsheet. Curious how you got those because I'd been wanting them to have a 285/60/20 for awhile.....

Firestone (Transforce AT) , Michelin (Defender LTX M/S), Nitto (Grappler), and Goodyear (Wrangler AT) make that size

2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71

- 2.5 in leveling kit / -1 in in the rear

- 20 x 10 fuel Anza / 285/60/20 BF Goodrich all terrain ko2

- K&N cold air intake/ custom Exhaust magnaflow muffler

Please tell me this isn't a typo @tjs618.

I literally emailed BFG yesterday asking if this size would ever be released.

Firestone (Transforce AT) , Michelin (Defender LTX M/S), Nitto (Grappler), and Goodyear (Wrangler AT) make that size

Yeah, I'd looked at the G2s, but I was referring specifically to the bfg ko2 in the earlier post, I didn't specify so that's definitely my bad

Thank y'all very much. First mod will be a leveling kit trying to figure what brand to go with.

Bilstein 5100 at max height adjust will provide 1.85 (close 'nuf to 2") and give you much better ride that stock shocks. No premature front suspension wear like some say the level kits can cause. Little more expensive (I paid $200 for front pair on Amazon), but much better option iMO. Search forum for rave reviews here, there a topic all about the Bilstein 5100's.

Wow, what a big topic! So, my first post here after picking up a new 2016 Silverado 5.3L LS Double cab with the great 2016 year end 20% off MSRP deals. First attempt to post pics from Photobucket. No flamers! lol

This forum has been invaluable! Thanks for all the input on mods to my new 2016 Silveradu LS Double Cab. Pretty much everythnig I've done, I got here!

After 2-3 weeks of exhaustive research and borderline analysis paralysis on wheels, width, diameter and offset and tire brand and size, after several here had posted here that they had no problems with 305/55r20 and 2" level, I bit the bullet and went with the following setup: Bilstein 5100 adjustable set to max height (1.85" level), Moto Metal 970 20x9 (offset 18), Nitto Terra Grappler G2 305/55r20. Only place where tire came close to fender liner was the inside rear on both front tires. This area of wheel liner can be pulled back about 3/4"and clipped or tied back. I used to body clip/retainers to clip the carpet liner back to metal. No rub whatsoever, minimum 1" clearance.

I performed the Bilstein 5100 install. Removing the factory shock/spring assembly was cake. After renting Autozone spring compressor, I decided not to take a chance on life and limb and went to local NTB a mile away and had them swap new shocks into spring assembly. The have a monster press built for the job and took about 2-3 minutes per assembly. Now, getting the new assembly back in the an added 1.85" of height into place was another story. In short, I recommend a friend and a six pack OR I was able to make it happen with a large crow bar to get more room from lower A-arm to get assembly in place.

Trick was to put the outside (of the 3) top nut on and pull it almost tight to get assembly pulled up as far as possible, then use pry bar between bottom of shock and lower A-arm to get that 1/4-3/8 inch room required to get bottom of shock into place. Other trick is to put bottom shock mount into vise and turn to get stock angle on the mount so that the bottom mount lines up with mount angle on A-arm.

Just put 40lbs in tires. Ride is great. Between improved sound deadening in these new gen trucks and the Nitto Grappler G2 tread pattern, there is virtually no road noise and the ride is fantastic with combo of Bilstein and the Grapplers. I have the Bilstein 5100 rear shocks to match, just waiting until a warmer day or spring.

Did a few other things: Black billet front grill bow tie, removed billboard Chevy emblem on tailgate, may think about de-badging Silverado side emblems later, installed the 4" Dee Zee black oval nerf side steps. Husky Gearbox storage box under rear seat and Husky X-Act Contour front mats (factory rear for now). Color matched door guard molding from eBay (perfect match). Dee Zee bed mat, GM factory tailgate protector. Airaid Jr to let it breater. DiabloSport i2030 tuner to correct tire size and disable DoD/AFM. Trying to decide between muffler delete and replacing factory muffler with the Borla 40943 XR-1 SS 12" muffler. Both seem to sound great.

Mines an LS and didn't come standard with Home Link garage door opener in roof panel, so I ordered and installed 4 parts guys here have provided on Youtube. Install was a breeze and opener sync'd with factory Chamberlain opener immediately. That will probably do it until I find something else you guys come up with that I can't live without.

Oh yeah, after more exhaustive ;^) research on this and other forums on bed covers, I decided to try low end of the spectrum, and ordered the Access Vanish soft cover. Over $2K for an automated retracting bed cover???? Really??? Even the $800-1000 covers seem to have their flaws and detractors. Found a great deal on the Access Vanish on eBay from Thoroughbred Trucks for $270 shipped. I figure if I do;pt like after a few months, I can sell here in Dallas area on craigslist and try again. Seems to have generally good reviews, what I need (easy full bed access and prices is very little risk.

BTW, just sold 2000 Silverado Extended Cab 5.3L LS that I owned for 16 years yesterday. Same truck (well, same level) 16 years earlier (5.3L with with 85 less HP). Best vehicle I ever owned! Decided to do it again! This 2016 has exceeded my expectations so far. I work from home and alternate between a car queen 2003 BMW 530i Sport with about 55k miles on it. I expect to put about 6K a year on this new beast. Need a carport! More $$$$

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w516/laketboy/LakeTBoy%202016%20Silverado%20Double%20Cab%20Tungsten%20Met/IMG_5823_zpsvrww33rl.jpg

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w516/laketboy/LakeTBoy%202016%20Silverado%20Double%20Cab%20Tungsten%20Met/IMG_5821_zpsxnpsdjtm.jpg

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w516/laketboy/LakeTBoy%202016%20Silverado%20Double%20Cab%20Tungsten%20Met/IMG_5818_zpsfjblnof2.jpg

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w516/laketboy/LakeTBoy%202016%20Silverado%20Double%20Cab%20Tungsten%20Met/IMG_5648_zpsyxnr9o1v.jpg

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w516/laketboy/LakeTBoy%202016%20Silverado%20Double%20Cab%20Tungsten%20Met/IMG_5646_zpsxqmkxp8c.jpg

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w516/laketboy/LakeTBoy%202016%20Silverado%20Double%20Cab%20Tungsten%20Met/IMG_5644_zpseub4uip8.jpg

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w516/laketboy/LakeTBoy%202016%20Silverado%20Double%20Cab%20Tungsten%20Met/IMG_5643_zpslejbwx1o.jpg

Fingers Crossed!

Looks great! Can you send me the link to the tungsten metallic door guard molding. I also need the link for the garage opener that you installed. I need to get those 2 for my truck. Thanks!

Bilstein 5100 at max height adjust will provide 1.85 (close 'nuf to 2") and give you much better ride that stock shocks. No premature front suspension wear like some say the level kits can cause. Little more expensive (I paid $200 for front pair on Amazon), but much better option iMO. Search forum for rave reviews here, there a topic all about the Bilstein 5100's.

Much better ride is questionable since they preload the spring so they are stiffer which in many ways, and that doesn't equate to a better ride in many eyes. Their shock dampening and rebound are set up better so they do handle certain bumps better but most have said the ride has been rougher in many instances, though ride is a subjective measure.

No front wear is incorrect, about the only thing those shocks save the front suspension from is some protection from full droop or bottoming out with a slight increase in travel on the stock springs, yet they still can't change the angles that your suspension will be at (ball joints, CV, ect). I will say they are safer at 1.85 than some running 2.5 or larger spacers...

Tyler

• Like 1

There 285/55/20

What are you talking about? Is your word "There" supposed to be spelled "They're?" Your post makes no sense.

Much better ride is questionable since they preload the spring so they are stiffer which in many ways, and that doesn't equate to a better ride in many eyes. Their shock dampening and rebound are set up better so they do handle certain bumps better but most have said the ride has been rougher in many instances, though ride is a subjective measure.

No front wear is incorrect, about the only thing those shocks save the front suspension from is some protection from full droop or bottoming out with a slight increase in travel on the stock springs, yet they still can't change the angles that your suspension will be at (ball joints, CV, ect). I will say they are safer at 1.85 than some running 2.5 or larger spacers...

Tyler

So, you've run the Bilstein 5100's on your truck?

While anyone can spend time Googl'ing and find (like any other subject) that there are certainly differing views on the 5100 with respect to "better", "more firm", "harsh", etc. IMO, the ride quality is MUCH improved over the marshmallow stock suspension. Seems around Dallas, roads are always under construction and there is a lot of uneven bumpy terrain. Like many, I did not like the way the truck handled with the soft stock shocks. One of the first things I've always done on new vehicles (definitely trucks) is wheels and tires and new shocks on trucks. OEM shocks on most standard cars and trucks is one place manufacturers skimp. Larger wheels and tires magnify the OEM shock shortcomings. From what I've read (and I spent a lot of time reading both facts and opinions on leveling options and these shocks), most who install the 5100's like the more firm ride they provide as opposed to the mushy soft ride of the stock shocks. Facts also seem to agree (as you will concede) that they are much safer on front suspension components than other lift or leveling options. Lastly and subjectively, I agree that they are more FIRM (a very good thing IMO). As many others agree, the are NOT HARSH.

It's humorous to me how much keyboard action has been spent over recent years on the Bilstein 5100. One thing that tickles me are all the xspurts debating whether the 5100 uses additional preload over OEM stock (which are also preloaded). Yes, they increase preload with perch settings over stock. Straight from Bilstein: "The lift on the 5100 Series leveling shocks is achieved by increasing the preload on the factory coil. By adding more preload, the shock is designed with more rebound damping as compared to the O.E. or standard aftermarket replacement shock.... with the perfect damping rates, optimizing your ride and handling characteristics."

Again, have you run the 5100's? If not, is your truck leveled and if so, what option did you go with?

• Like 1

2016 Silverado 1500, 5.3

Purchased Nov 11, 16

CK156 Chrome Wheels

Michelin Defenders M/S 275x55/20

Borla Touring Exhaust

DiabLew Tune (love it)

EliteEngineering CC

Airaid Intake

eye candy and incidental add-ons

post-19309-0-55249500-1484254723_thumb.jpg

post-19309-0-41990600-1484254757_thumb.jpg