Tow Mirrors should be standard

Why does GM market the HD with regular mirrors. From a marketing/ look standpoint the Dodge and Fords look like a HD truck. I've had many instances where myself and others have thought a GMT900 HD was a half ton. the same has happened for this new model.

I was really hoping they'd be more standard on this new design

Is it because they haven't trimmed the mirrors to accept coloring accents or chrome?

Problem with suppliers?

Customers don't care?

What are your thoughts? I'm curious to what the GM response is to these questions

I have not seen anything on the HD stuff yet but the tow mirrors on the 2014 1500s have a different door. It is reinforced and has an extra bolt hole and GM has a bulletin out about not retrofitting the towing mirrors on trucks not equipped from the factory. I found this out after my dealer missed the mirror option on my order, luckily they got it fixed. Would have been a deal breaker as I need them to see around my enclosed trailer.

I would agree that the tow mirrors should be standard on the HD stuff. Maybe make the regular/pwr folding chrome clad or whatever mirrors an option.

Craig

while i agree they should be the standard mirror and the smaller ones should be optional, some people prefer the smaller mirror, i know quite a few who do. its good that GM has the option for both. i know im going to install tows eventually.

only problem with the tows is that they do not make them in power fold which is a pain for some

I would agree but without power fold, not extend, not interested. Seems odd that the application that could most benefit from power fold doesn't have it available.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
I would agree but without power fold, not extend, not interested. Seems odd that the application that could most benefit from power fold doesn't have it available.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Niiiiiiiiice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer the regular. The Fords at work have the tows and I don't like having to look as far to the side to see in them. That said, the power fold and extend on them would offset that for me if I was buying one for sure.

• 3 months later...

My 2015 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 came with the std mirrors and they are pretty dangerous on a truck that tall.
My dealer had agreed to upgrade them to the Tow mirrors and did after some delay. Still, the tow mirrors are marginally better as they have no power extend plus the lower section does not have power adjust and needs to be more Convex to show a wider area in the blind spot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

One good thing about having the standard mirrors is that they power fold which means the new (power folding) tow mirrors that come out in a month or 2 will power fold. Wish I wouldve ordered standard mirrors now...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

One good thing about having the standard mirrors is that they power fold which means the new (power folding) tow mirrors that come out in a month or 2 will power fold. Wish I wouldve ordered standard mirrors now...

ezamudug.jpgdygyve3a.jpgese2avaj.jpg

Archived