2014 Silverado/Sierra Tips and Tricks

Anyone know how to change the buttons on the steering wheel that control the radio. It takes on click of the button to call up the station list and then a second to change it. I want to be able to hit the damn button once to change the station not call up the list and then change.

Also anyone know if there are other apps that can be downloaded for the touch screen?

Go to radio on the DIC and it will bring up your radio presets and you can control radio stations.

I checked there but that doesn't control or change the quick buttons on your steering wheel.

To be honest the worst part of this truck is this whole media touch screen. One of the worst I've seen.

Is there a way to scroll to the next song using the steering wheel controls while listening to pandora?

The buttons to scroll thru songs are under the left side of the steering wheel. They are just like the volume buttons under the right side of the steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Stussy3us

Intresting. My dealer says the way it works is your entitled to 4 oil changes in the 2 year period. If I wanna change the oil once a month, then he'll do it. Only the four times though.
This is what my dealer told me today. I have 3,000 miles after owning 6 months at 66% in DIC. Service Manager told me it used to be based on percentage, but now I can use them whenever I want, but limited to 4. My Chevy dealer is awesome.

Funny, but not even everyone at the same dealer knows of this change in philosophy.

Edited by chuckl1218

while streaming through pandora and I use the left side buttons, it will scroll through the favorites but not skip on to the next song.

Im pretty sure you have to double click the left side underneath buttons.

I checked there but that doesn't control or change the quick buttons on your steering wheel.

To be honest the worst part of this truck is this whole media touch screen. One of the worst I've seen.

Im not a huge fan either. I mean, its 100x's better than what was in last years models but the ucomnect in my wifes jeep is way better and easier to use. The larger 8.4" screen in her jeep is a huge plus too.

I think the worst part about it is the screen placement. It sits higher up on the dash than the previous generation, which is nice but it faces the rear of the truck and appears to be farther away. I really have to stretch my arm out to reach it which is very aggravating. At least the navigation is improved over my 2009 suburban.

Edited by PMD G8

Im not a huge fan either. I mean, its 100x's better than what was in last years models but the ucomnect in my wifes jeep is way better and easier to use. The larger 8.4" screen in her jeep is a huge plus too.

I think the worst part about it is the screen placement. It sits higher up on the dash than the previous generation, which is nice but it faces the rear of the truck and appears to be farther away. I really have to stretch my arm out to reach it which is very aggravating. At least the navigation is improved over my 2009 suburban.

I have to agree with you on placement of the nav. Really to far and it should have been slightly angled to the driver who will be using it. I liked the Nissan altima touchscreen use better. As for the radio buttons on the steering wheel. The altima had a little up or down like joystick you could hit and volume was on the same side. Made it easy to control while driving one handed. Also I didn't need to bring up the music list to select the next channel. Really no thought into it. I have my favorites channels all setup. Why do I want to call them up to view to select. Thats a road hazard right there. I want to be able to quickly switch channels and surf the stations. I know my position already in my head.

Also hate how there is customization of the touch screen. Like this is an apple product or something. If this is the case I would rather not have a touch screen and give me the option for an after market product.

Beyond that I love my truck. Also love that I found yesterday my truck bed is a standard on the crew cab and not a short bed. When I was with the dealership we referred it as a short ha. It explains alot with parking.

I'm just gonna change my own at 3000 miles with Mobil 1. Tapatalk via iPhone 5s

To each his own, but the "every 3000 miles" hasn't been accurate/relevant in decades.

Your opinion. I just don't happen to agree. In fact, you said it yourself..."to each his own".

Tapatalk via iPhone 5s

I checked there but that doesn't control or change the quick buttons on your steering wheel. To be honest the worst part of this truck is this whole media touch screen. One of the worst I've seen.

Do the trucks have the buttons on the back (dashboard) side of the steering wheel? On the impala, which has they same style buttons facing the driver and backside buttons for volume etc. (similar to the dedicated steering wheel controls on frontside of the GMT900's)

Anyone know how to turn off the auto dim on the rear view mirror?

you could switch me rear view mirrors and that would take care of you auto dim problem. (i have the flip switch mirror)

Changing oil on a newer vehicle at 3000 is a huge waste in money, time, and most important the oil. We only have so much to go around and new car run way more efficient and put way pollutants into the oil. Plus running semi or full synthetic oils will give you longer than 3000 mile life because the additive package in the oil does not break down as quick. We all need to take a step forward in the way we think.

So on they mylink I hate that the screen does not automatically transition back like if you change pandora station and you have to push exit to go back to the normal display. Or be able to set it to default to radio screen or navigation screen after a pre set time. That's how my Lexus was.