2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

Short sound clip of the 18" Magnaflow

Love they way that sounds. I want to do a single, 3" pipe, custom cat-back and probably go with a Magnaflow due to the fact they are stainless, many different choices and less expensive compared with a Borla. My question is oval vs. round muffler? I would guess if I went with round I would need a little longer one than a 18" oval to get similar sound results? Opinions please. I watched the Magnaflow youtube video with their cat-back single pipe system for the '14's and it was too quiet but that was a 22"muffler.

My screen is blank in your post

Go here

http: //www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vBOmC3V_O-g

Delete the blank I inserted after http: I had to insert that to keep the embedded video player from automatically popping up.

Only problem I have with adding ear-pleasing aftermarket exhausts is that they don't play well, sound-wise, with the switch to 4-cylinder mode. Doesn't sound natural.

I can barely hear it switch evewn with the rear slider open. I will soon get a tune and disable it.

Mike

• Like 1

Kinney's huh? Short drive for me. Looks like they removed a cat or two to install the true duals? Right at the beginning I paused it to verify. It does sound good and the install is professional, but it sure looks to me like they removed a cat.

I saw these, too, and emailed them about cost. They replied with a quote of $825 and said it would take about 3 hours to complete. I have no idea if this is a median price but I do love the quality appearance and nice sound.

I saw these, too, and emailed them about cost. They replied with a quote of $825 and said it would take about 3 hours to complete. I have no idea if this is a median price but I do love the quality appearance and nice sound.

I did the same thing and was quoted the same. Seeing as how a bolt on single cat back is >$500, I think I might go for this with the 22" Magnaflows...(I have a Camaro with 3" duals and flowmasters with a 468, so I don't need that with my truck).

I can tell you now that my Magnaflow has broke in the truck sounds great now. I did the Magnaflow 5x11x22, deleted the backpressure valve and the rear resonator.

Just had an 18" Magnaflow 1 in two out installed on mine. What a difference! I'm old school so I had them run the pipes behind each mudflap with the OEM polished tips.

Sounds really good, no drone even in V4 (hopefully disabled soon).

Had the resonator removed along with the noise making, spring loaded whatchamacallit.

OD price was $200 Dollars, would have been $250 but I had to wait an hour longer as they ran out of shielding gas. Sure beats the $800+ for a Magnaflow catback.

Mike

Pardon my ignorance but what is the difference between what you did and a cat back? Just a pipe from the muffler to the Catalytic converter? I assume they used Aluminized piping?