2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

I haven't tried it personally but I do hear that ppl are experiencing some drone on the highway. There's a thread on it somewhere on the forum.

Cry-- when it warms up some I plan to do another video. Way to cold out to mess with it now lol. I'm sure by then a few other members will have one installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All y'all demand to much lol. Just take the risk ppl! You will not be disappointed. I think Snap On says it best.. Nothing even comes close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So....I think I like this one. Dual exits out the rear. Anyone know if this system eliminated the flapper valve that comes on our trucks? Does it have it's own? If you look at the parts list there's a short pipe with a small box built into it...maybe Corsa has a flappy valve too so they can promise no drone?

So....I think I like this one. Dual exits out the rear. Anyone know if this system eliminated the flapper valve that comes on our trucks? Does it have it's own? If you look at the parts list there's a short pipe with a small box built into it...maybe Corsa has a flappy valve too so they can promise no drone?

Its a cat back system. Gets rid of the flapper valve.

Do you think the single side outlet would be a bit quieter than the dual out the rear? I want some more volume but nothing crazy loud. I wish there was a place where you could go to hear these setups before doing it. Maybe a 2014 Gm meet?

After installing after market exhaust, is there any tuning needed or will the computer sort of adjust itself on everything?

Do you think the single side outlet would be a bit quieter than the dual out the rear? I want some more volume but nothing crazy loud. I wish there was a place where you could go to hear these setups before doing it. Maybe a 2014 Gm meet?

After installing after market exhaust, is there any tuning needed or will the computer sort of adjust itself on everything?

No tuning needed, ECU will adjust accordingly. I'm sure there are gains that could be had by tuning but definitely not needed.

Looking for peoples opinions on which exhaust to go with? I want a louder exhaust and the price on these are roughly the same (50$ difference)...I want to be able to hear it start up and want to have a nice sound!!!

Option 1

Cat-back System 409S - Dual Rear or Side Exit - Force II

FLOWMASTER FORCE II DUAL REAR EXIT – 409S STAINLESS STEEL

Option 2

MagnaFlow 3"/2.5" Cat-Back Exhaust (2014 Silverado & Sierra 1500 5.3L)

V8 5.3L; Crew Cab/Short Bed (69.3in Bed/78.7in Bed)
5 x 8 x 18in. Muffler: 3.0/2.5in. Tubing; 4.0in. Stainless Tips; DUAL SPLIT REAR EXIT

My brother in law can get me either of these at cost and we can install at his shop for free!!!

Thanks

PS I know I started an exhaust thread before, but now it's game time and want it on before the end of April

Cheers

Edited by Escalade1979

Well, you mention not annoying. Have you hear a loud drone sound before? It can be very annoying I would go with a system that specifically defeats drone (unless you retain the original flapper valve). Borla and Corsa both claim to be drone free so perhaps start there.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response, however I would rather have some drone then pay another $800 for a system...I can live with loud. These are my only 2 options and I am just looking to see what peoples opinions on these 2 are...Which would they go with and why?

Thanks