2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

is the 22" magnaflow loud? i want to get rid of the stock exhaust only in the restrictive point of view. i want something that i can hear just a little from the outside but still be quiet on the inside. i used to have a loud truck but now i just want my DD to be nice and quiet without people having to talk louder to hear. i want something that is like a step or two above stock.

EDIT: i also want a cat back system. i know you cant see the exhaust from the back for the most part but i hate seeing exhaust's that are hacked up. i had a magnaflow stainless on my camaro and i liked the quality of that kit.

Edited by thewhitestallion

Pardon my ignorance but what is the difference between what you did and a cat back? Just a pipe from the muffler to the Catalytic converter? I assume they used Aluminized piping?

About $500 and yes the piping is aluminized. I also went with the 18" think the cat back is 22". I'm not independently weathy, so $500+ in my pocket is a big win in my book.

• 3 weeks later...

OEM bowtie tips.

mzodarg you have the setup I would like to install. Did you order your 18 inch magnaflow muffler online or did the local muffler shop have it stocked? Can you post the part number? Also did you see a MPG drop off changing from stock?

mzodarg you have the setup I would like to install. Did you order your 18 inch magnaflow muffler online or did the local muffler shop have it stocked? Can you post the part number? Also did you see a MPG drop off changing from stock?

The local muffler shop had one and I have no idea what the PN is, sorry. Initially I did see a MPG drop, but I'm confident it was due to my foot being heavier so I could hear it.

Does anyone have any experience with Gibson on the 2014 trucks? All the reviews I can find says they offer over a 15 H.P. gain and better gas mileage. I've heard both flowmaster and magnaflow in person. Curious on how the Gibson sounds on these trucks.

• 2 weeks later...

has any of you gutted or removed the third cat with your cat back system? Have the gibson kit coming wanting to gut the cat before installing unless it creates a problem, posted this earlier with my gibson info but moderator saw fit to move where no one goes or see it, wtf

has any of you gutted or removed the third cat with your cat back system? Have the gibson kit coming wanting to gut the cat before installing unless it creates a problem, posted this earlier with my gibson info but moderator saw fit to move where no one goes or see it, wtf

drives me nuts.....

If you are going to cut it to get rid of the rear resonator then do it right before the valve, the valve is worthless and is only there to quell down idle to off idle noise.

If you are going to cut it to get rid of the rear resonator then do it right before the valve, the valve is worthless and is only there to quell down idle to off idle noise.

I thought I had read somewhere that the exhaust valve was to help with drone in V4 mode?

No Brent, the valve has no affect on V4 drone. I eliminated my entire system from the 3rd cat back, 24 hours after taking delivery. I installed the 22" magnaflow, single in and dual out and drove it for almost two months with the V4/V8 mode working. I had absolutely no drone. Now, with the tune, and the AFM turnined off, I still have no drone. It was perfect with AFM and is perfect without AFM, the flapper being eliminated, had absolutely no impact. I eliminated mine based ont he advice of my performance exhaust guy. He said he cuts out an average of three a week on late model Camaro's and other GM vehicles due to the "flapping nioise" they tend to make after a few months of use.

No Brent, the valve has no affect on V4 drone. I eliminated my entire system from the 3rd cat back, 24 hours after taking delivery. I installed the 22" magnaflow, single in and dual out and drove it for almost two months with the V4/V8 mode working. I had absolutely no drone. Now, with the tune, and the AFM turnined off, I still have no drone. It was perfect with AFM and is perfect without AFM, the flapper being eliminated, had absolutely no impact. I eliminated mine based ont he advice of my performance exhaust guy. He said he cuts out an average of three a week on late model Camaro's and other GM vehicles due to the "flapping nioise" they tend to make after a few months of use.

Awesome, Thanks!! I'm just looking to clean up the rear of the truck I like the quiet on this truck so I just wanted to dump the factory exhaust.

I have the 22" Magnaflow as well and even when the truck goes into V4 mode there is barely any perceptible drone at all, to be honest it is not annoying like some of the older AFm vehicles.