2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:26 AM, 14 Silvy said:

All drop kit companies are gonna say that because of the cv axles. When I had my 14 dropped 4/6 I had the DJM arms that were 4 inch and they said they wouldn’t work but couldn’t give me a reason why. All they told me was the don’t recommend more than 2 inches in the front on a 4x4. I ordered the 4 inch any way and never had any issues with cv’s or operating in 4wd. I think it’s to protect them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you like your JDM stuff?

3 hours ago, Slapps74 said:

Thinking you mean djm but my opinion on them is they are horrible. I had them on my truck for 30 minutes and pulled them off.  This year alone i have removedover 10 sets of djm/inez arms off k2 trucks locally. (I think actually 14 total) and replaced with spindle and strut

• Thanks 1

I don't have first hand experience with DJM but when looking for a kit I was looking at DJM and IHC but Nasty turned me away from them and I can honestly say I'm happy I chose spindles and struts for my lowering kit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Everyone has their own opinions on things but when I dropped mine no one made a 4wd spindle for the aluminum arms. I ran the DJM arms for 8 months without any issues.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SirenRed16 said:

I don't have first hand experience with DJM but when looking for a kit I was looking at DJM and IHC but Nasty turned me away from them and I can honestly say I'm happy I chose spindles and struts for my lowering kit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks, I liked the spindle/strut setup I have but they wont clear the wheels so a change must be made

13 hours ago, Nasty said:

Thinking you mean djm but my opinion on them is they are horrible. I had them on my truck for 30 minutes and pulled them off.  This year alone i have removedover 10 sets of djm/inez arms off k2 trucks locally. (I think actually 14 total) and replaced with spindle and strut

Well that's a bummer.  I ordered them yesterday (DJM) since I don't really have any other options to run the stock knuckle to clear the wheel I want. First world problems I guess.

11 hours ago, 14 Silvy said:

Everyone has their own opinions on things but when I dropped mine no one made a 4wd spindle for the aluminum arms. I ran the DJM arms for 8 months without any issues.

Thanks, some hope! haha . Its not my daily so i'm sure it will be fine. it only saw about 5k miles last year.

On 12/19/2018 at 8:32 AM, Slapps74 said:

Well that's a bummer.  I ordered them yesterday (DJM) since I don't really have any other options to run the stock knuckle to clear the wheel I want. First world problems I guess.

i have had my djm kit on my crew cab for about 6 months now and i havent had any problems with it but i do feel the ride isnt the best. im interested to see when you get yours installed how you think it rides. my feels super stiff over small bumps.

6 hours ago, maxpower98 said:

i have had my djm kit on my crew cab for about 6 months now and i havent had any problems with it but i do feel the ride isnt the best. im interested to see when you get yours installed how you think it rides. my feels super stiff over small bumps.

This was the issue i had on my truck and i have a regular cab.   Also the arm fitment wasnt great in the upper mounts.  The local people that i do drops for came to me because they were experiencing squeaking and clunking noises with the djm.  The ball joints go out quick in them

On 12/18/2018 at 5:55 PM, Nasty said:

Nasty...You seem to know your stuff with these suspensions, in your experience/opinion, what kit would be best to handle the twisties?

I don't want to slam my truck down to the grass, but I do want to lower it to gain a lower CG and better handling, but still be able to handle weight in the back to move items like a washer, refrigerator etc. nothing really heavy though.

So many options out there and so many good looking trucks, but I'm looking more for performance than looks, and if I can get both then that's a plus!

11 minutes ago, RDKILL said:

Nasty...You seem to know your stuff with these suspensions, in your experience/opinion, what kit would be best to handle the twisties?

I don't want to slam my truck down to the grass, but I do want to lower it to gain a lower CG and better handling, but still be able to handle weight in the back to move items like a washer, refrigerator etc. nothing really heavy though.

So many options out there and so many good looking trucks, but I'm looking more for performance than looks, and if I can get both then that's a plus!

Spindles with a coilover in front (600lb spring)  flip kit set at 5 or 6 depending how much weight you intend on carrying innthe back.  And rear shock relocation with double adjustables

6 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Spindles with a coilover in front (600lb spring)  flip kit set at 5 or 6 depending how much weight you intend on carrying innthe back.  And rear shock relocation with double adjustables

Thanks for the quick feedback...I remember you saying to go with spindles, but that's about all I remembered...LOL!

Is there a "kit" out there that has what you mentioned, or would it need to be pieced together?

Belltech?

Edited by RDKILL

7 minutes ago, RDKILL said:

Thanks for the quick feedback...I remember you saying to go with spindles, but that's about all I remembered...LOL!

Is there a "kit" out there that has what you mentioned, or would it need to be pieced together?

Belltech?

Youll have to peice it together.  I use mcg but belltech is about the same. 

As for the coilover kit and rear shock relocation.  Twisted metal workz is the way to go

1 minute ago, Nasty said:

Youll have to peice it together.  I use mcg but belltech is about the same. 

As for the coilover kit and rear shock relocation.  Twisted metal workz is the way to go

Thanks for the info, your opinion is appreciated...I'll check them out

I agree 100% a little stiff. Other than that so far they are ok.

f509b728f5c1025872b8e91465e72194.jpg