2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

59 minutes ago, StormTrooperChevyGuy said:

Hey guys, pretty new to the forum. Not trying to beat a dead horse here but after basically reading the entire thread I’m still not sure which parts/kit I need to drop my truck. It’s a 2018 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab 4wd. I think I want to go 2/4 or 3/5 as it’s my daily and don’t want to lose too much functionality with it. Just want a better ride and stance. I already have the belltech 2” drop shackles in the rear, the axle block is still there, And stock stamped steel arms up front. Tires are stock Bridgestone 285/45/22. Have been on both belltech and McGaughys sites and didn’t know if I needed a whole kit or if certain parts could get me there. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Get the whole kit. Belltech or mcg

Well after tons of off and on and fitting. This is where I'm sitting now. Just under 8" drop in the front and 9" in the rear.  Its sitting dead even. Although even, its tucking up front and not in the back. So I may go w 24s in the rear to get the tuck. Then drop it another inch to make up for the bigger wheel.

Static for now, maybe thinking of doing air ride. Not sure.  It's just my daily. So not sure if I wanna deal w air ride. 

Rear tubs are done. Although I still have to weld in the dog house. Just haven't had the time.  I'm running 265/35r22s and only rub up front when I hit a big enough dip in the road. Oddly enough I rubbed more when I had my 305/40r22s on my 3/5 drop.  I'll be doing my front tubs this summer when I can ride my bike to and from work and the truck can be down for a while. Due to relocating the battery, coolant reservoir and fuse box as well as a new intake that will fit w/ the tubs.

I'll be color matching the bumpers when I have the tubs painted. But hey... it's coming along. 

Screenshot_20190124-160323_Gallery.jpg

20190114_151820.jpg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 17gmclowlow said:

Well after tons of off and on and fitting. This is where I'm sitting now. Just under 8" drop in the front and 9" in the rear.  Its sitting dead even. Although even, its tucking up front and not in the back. So I may go w 24s in the rear to get the tuck. Then drop it another inch to make up for the bigger wheel.

Static for now, maybe thinking of doing air ride. Not sure.  It's just my daily. So not sure if I wanna deal w air ride. 

Rear tubs are done. Although I still have to weld in the dog house. Just haven't had the time.  I'm running 265/35r22s and only rub up front when I hit a big enough dip in the road. Oddly enough I rubbed more when I had my 305/40r22s on my 3/5 drop.  I'll be doing my front tubs this summer when I can ride my bike to and from work and the truck can be down for a while. Due to relocating the battery, coolant reservoir and fuse box as well as a new intake that will fit w/ the tubs.

I'll be color matching the bumpers when I have the tubs painted. But hey... it's coming along. 

Screenshot_20190124-160323_Gallery.jpg

20190114_151820.jpg

The rear fender lip on these trucks sits lower than the front

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nasty said:

The rear fender lip on these trucks sits lower than the front

Good to know. Literally half a day adjusting to make it sit level. Up and down up and down. I think I'm going coilovers eventually like you. Just easy adjustments and convenience. 

On 1/31/2019 at 7:12 AM, maxpower98 said:

what did you use to lower the front? djm/ Inez arms and drop struts? or did you use spindles also? can we get more pictures of the front. it looks awesome

Never ever ever use djm or inez (especially inez). Always go spindles and struts or spindles and coilovers

1 hour ago, Shibbby911 said:

I still haven’t put my drop on I’m thinking about getting the mmw top arm (4 to 8 week tho for them) or the ihc top control arms I don’t wanna have any camber

No inez.  Please dont. I couldnt tell you how many sets i pulled off of local trucks last year.  I have mcg spindles and struts set at 4.5" of drop. My camber is well within gm spec amd has been for almost 2.5years now

10 minutes ago, Nasty said:

No inez.  Please dont. I couldnt tell you how many sets i pulled off of local trucks last year.  I have mcg spindles and struts set at 4.5" of drop. My camber is well within gm spec amd has been for almost 2.5years now

Do you have the different plates or bushings?

I guess I’ll put everything on then and see how my camber is 
I know guys using belltech spindles have had camber issues at 4 and over. I know a few guys including me using mcg spindles over 4 amd have no issues

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Nasty said:

I know guys using belltech spindles have had camber issues at 4 and over. I know a few guys including me using mcg spindles over 4 amd have no issues

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had camber issues, but the offset upper control arms bushings fixed them.  I wanted to kill myself while installing them though, What a pain in the ass even with the correct press adapters they give you