2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

2WD MaxTrac guys- How was the install and alignment? Pros & Cons? I went with their 3/5 to 5/7 adjustable drop. Going to install it in 2 weeks. I will post up my experience. It'll be the first time I personally install a drop kit on my truck. Having the help of an experience buddy 

Hi Guys, I just bought my truck (2017 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Crew Cab) a few days ago and just found this forum! I was hoping to get some input from yall.

I want to get a 4/6 drop and put some 24" on it but Im worried about rubbing in the front and not sure how much clearance I will have in the back. The kit I was planning on was/is the IHC Suspension lowering kit.

They do say to cut off the bump stops but I dont care to much about that.

unnamed.jpg

Hi Guys, I just bought my truck (2017 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Crew Cab) a few days ago and just found this forum! I was hoping to get some input from yall.

I want to get a 4/6 drop and put some 24" on it but Im worried about rubbing in the front and not sure how much clearance I will have in the back. The kit I was planning on was/is the IHC Suspension lowering kit.
They do say to cut off the bump stops but I dont care to much about that.

unnamed.thumb.jpg.9f343149d0a2b94fdd7104496c81ac78.jpg
Anything is better than the ihc kit. That's the worst kit ever made

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Anything is better than the ihc kit. That's the worst kit ever made

How are they the worst? I've seeing nothing but good reviews, they have factory turning radius and no alignment issues. Are you saying these people are lying?

How are they the worst? I've seeing nothing but good reviews, they have factory turning radius and no alignment issues. Are you saying these people are lying?
Yup. Every single inez kit that has been brought to me has broke or was about to break. They make arms and dont even try to correct caster, their shocks are just re stickered procomp. They suck. They took djm arms copied them and made them worse. They also identically copied mcg helper bag kit. Their lift shackle runs the frame. Shit kit

Ok, what would you suggest then?
I have a mcg drop with spindles and springs up front, and a flip in the rear. My truck sits almost exactly at a 4/6 drop, and I'm running 305/40/22 tires all the way around, and I'm telling you, 24s are gonna rub unless you have a very thin sidewall tire, which is going to have a very harsh ride. 09f6e00494d0949347cb591eecf05d69.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lovelessjl said:

I have a mcg drop with spindles and springs up front, and a flip in the rear. My truck sits almost exactly at a 4/6 drop, and I'm running 305/40/22 tires all the way around, and I'm telling you, 24s are gonna rub unless you have a very thin sidewall tire, which is going to have a very harsh ride.

Nice truck!

So I guess I'm going to get one of these two kits from belltech.

With Coil

Without Coil

Im not sure why they offer the same kit with and without the coil if its the same drop. Sorry, if I sound dumb, this is still kinda new to me.

What kind of options do I have if I wanna stick with the 24"? I believe I decided on 305 35 24, maybe thats not thin enough?

Edited by iTechro

Thanks! She's my baby for sure

That tire size is roughly 1" taller than mine, and I already rub the top of the fender liner on big bumps on the highway, as well as the back of the liner when I turn hard, so yours will rub worse. There are a couple basic solutions,

1 run a narrower tire up front. The highway bumps will still be a problem, but you won't rub as much or maybe not at all when turning

2 run less drop in the suspension. Let's be real, screw that lol

3 start looking at modifying the wheel well to allow more room, not a bad option, just gets pricey for a good shop, and looks horrible if done half assed

4 decide if you're just dead set on 24s or if maybe you could be happy with 22s.

11 minutes ago, lovelessjl said:

Also keep in mind, the thinner the sidewall is, the rougher the ride will be, and the higher the risk of bending a wheel on potholes and such. Go with as much sidewall as you can

I guess I might just have to be ok with 22".... I really want 24" tho so maybe I'll have to look at getting the wheel well modified.

3 hours ago, lovelessjl said:

I have a mcg drop with spindles and springs up front, and a flip in the rear. My truck sits almost exactly at a 4/6 drop, and I'm running 305/40/22 tires all the way around, and I'm telling you, 24s are gonna rub unless you have a very thin sidewall tire, which is going to have a very harsh ride. 09f6e00494d0949347cb591eecf05d69.jpg

I have an RCSB using belltech spindle/shocks combo, just curious if the spring/spindle rides a bit softer or say better. Mine rides fairly ok but I think it can be better.

I have an RCSB using belltech spindle/shocks combo, just curious if the spring/spindle rides a bit softer or say better. Mine rides fairly ok but I think it can be better.
I think it's basically the same thing, your shock probably came with a shorter spring to lower the front, and I just replaced the spring on my stock shocks. I have no complaints about the ride on the front of my truck, I wish I could soften the rear up a bit more though. I started with just shock extenders, and now went with belltech shocks. It's better, but it's still stiffer than I'd like.