2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

Finally got around to dropping the truck. 2" belltech spindles and belltech flip kit at 5". May go another 1-2" up front and 1" in the back next year.

IMG_20190927_154859_703.thumb.jpg.6947e7eaa6c01a5365ad176ec7d71ed2.jpg

On the look out for street tires, but until then. I'm happy with it. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Daly said:

Finally got around to dropping the truck. 2" belltech spindles and belltech flip kit at 5". May go another 1-2" up front and 1" in the back next year.

Truck looks great. I would drop rear another inch but other than that it looks good. I like that color.

If you drop the truck yourself, the first thing you gotta do is get an alignment. If you know how to manipulate stuff, you can eyeball it to get close enough for a short drive to the alignment shop. Truck looks good though!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Bohanan23 said:

finished up the drop. can’t drive it. too much negative camber if that’s the right term. top of wheel is toed in hard and any speed causes tires to scream. install wasn’t bad at all 

E3F60693-98D6-4F15-8E3D-5181CC8A19FC.jpeg

Looks good.  Great color and the drop looks right on for the truck.

Got the Twisted Metal Workz upper control arms installed on my truck today.  It was late and I didn't have time to snap any photographs but will try to do so in the next couple of days.  The wheels moved forward as advertised.  They only rub right before full lock now.  Lot of money/time to move the wheel forward about a half inch but I am happy with it.  Looking to get rid of the last bit of rubbing I can either go down a tire size or potentially step down from my 1.5" wheel spacers to a 1" spacer.  I don't want smaller wheels as I like the look filling up the wheel well like they currently do.  The spacer change I might do.  I went with the 1.5" spacer as I understood that smaller spacers would require trimming the bolts and I wasn't sure I wanted to take that step.  Now after talking with my installer he said it was no big deal, and that basically it is something they do regularly (my paraphrase).  Any one here had that done?  I do like the wheels sticking out but I have thought since ti first got done that I really would like them to come in that 1/2".

IMG_2137_1024x1024@2x.jpg

On 9/27/2019 at 4:09 PM, Daly said:

Looks great!

On 10/8/2019 at 9:46 PM, UofAZCats said:

Got the Twisted Metal Workz upper control arms installed on my truck today.  It was late and I didn't have time to snap any photographs but will try to do so in the next couple of days.  The wheels moved forward as advertised.  They only rub right before full lock now.  Lot of money/time to move the wheel forward about a half inch but I am happy with it.  Looking to get rid of the last bit of rubbing I can either go down a tire size or potentially step down from my 1.5" wheel spacers to a 1" spacer.  I don't want smaller wheels as I like the look filling up the wheel well like they currently do.  The spacer change I might do.  I went with the 1.5" spacer as I understood that smaller spacers would require trimming the bolts and I wasn't sure I wanted to take that step.  Now after talking with my installer he said it was no big deal, and that basically it is something they do regularly (my paraphrase).  Any one here had that done?  I do like the wheels sticking out but I have thought since ti first got done that I really would like them to come in that 1/2".

Here are pictures of my front wheels.  Damn near centered.  Very happy with the new arms.

IMG_20191011_185135.jpg

IMG_20191011_185123.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Has anybody had luck or experience with the max trac 1 inch lower springs for the front? Looking to drop the front of the truck an inch and 2 inches in the rear. It’s a 4x4 2018 Sierra CCSB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went ahead and ordered them. Also ordered 1.5 inch drop shackles for the rear leafs, since I’ve already pulled the 1.25 inch blocks out of the rear, that’ll give me 2.75 drop in the rear and 1 inch drop up front. Should maintain just enough rake to make me happy, and the ride shouldn’t be too affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I read a ton of this forum as well as on , lifts, lowering forums, trying to determine what would be needed to run bigger tires. I like the look of the level kits but I also love the way the stock truck handles and I don't want to risk changing that or wearing out front end parts. I do however like a bigger tire. I have a tire machine in my shop so I decided to get some different used tire sizes from the recycle drop off and try them. I found 275/60 R20 fit well with no rubbing on a stock suspension. Subsequently, I put on Hankook I-Pike Ice radials on the original snowflake rims to use for the winter and try them out. The rims were a special order on a previous truck, 2014, and I kept them for the 2016. They didn't last very well with lots of chrome peeling so they will be my winter wheels now.

I just wanted to share 2 things.

If you don't want to change your suspension, 275/60 R20 work fine

If you do go to a taller tire, it definitely effects the driveability. At least in my truck with the 8 speed. Although the tires are only 3% bigger in circumference I definitely notice it when starting out and on the highway it tends to lug a little.

I still like the larger tires though, it seems to ride smother and I like the look. I may drop the rear a little in the spring with shackles to lower the back when I put on some all seasons with new wheels.

2016 Sierra SLT Crew 4x4 6.2ltre

Hankook I-Pike 275/60 R20

Stock rims