2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

7 minutes ago, Dinner said:

Haven't posted in awhile - At least since I've installed my new wheels.  22x9.5 KMC Prism Truck in brushed silver wrapped in 285/40R22 Nitto 420S - Super happy with the look but dealing a slight vibration around 115-120 km/h - They were a bitch to balance so thinking I need to re do them or see if I have a rear bad tire. 

Also, finally removed the PF strut spacer to level out the front side to side and got my camber adjusted to a more respectable amount (-0.8 to -0.9) 

Full paint correction and ceramic coating too.

Looking into going lower eventually. Would like to do 5/8 or 6/8 with twisted metal works upper arms, either their coil over kit or Belltech coil overs, then twisted metal works under bed notch with either Viking or Ridetech adjustable shocks - These Belltech SP shocks are just too damn stiff on these K2 trucks 

truck.jpg

I have a custom twisted metal works notch if your interested. The stock ones you are able to go 10" drop on the back.  I had then make mine so I could go about 8 maybe 9 in the rear.  But I'm not notching my truck anymore

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nasty said:

I have a custom twisted metal works notch if your interested. The stock ones you are able to go 10" drop on the back.  I had then make mine so I could go about 8 maybe 9 in the rear.  But I'm not notching my truck anymore

It'll be a while yet before I pull the trigger. I feel like I'm in the same boat as you with going lower and having to start cutting. There's a few local fabricators in my area that I'm talking to see if I'm comfortable with them getting into this thing. I know it sounds stupid but I'm hesitate to molesting vehicles 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 5:43 PM, UofAZCats said:

Thinking about putting on a rear sway bar.  The Hellwig 7735 is the primary choice.  I am concerned reading in a couple of places that there are issues with fit in certain situations.  My truck is lowered 2/4.5 ish.  I have the stock exhaust.  I have read a review that indicated an issue with the spare tire and another that said it had an issue with the stock exhaust.  I am sure none of these were from lowered truck owners.  Anyone have any issues installing this bar in this situation? 

I have one for sale... all parts and bolts are on deck... fits perfectly fine with spare tire and I’m a 7 inch drop in the rear and doesn’t hit or run stock exhaust

3 hours ago, Silver ice 6.2 said:

I have one for sale... all parts and bolts are on deck... fits perfectly fine with spare tire and I’m a 7 inch drop in the rear and doesn’t hit or run stock exhaust

Why are you selling it?  Did it improve your ride?  I might be interested but I am not thinking about the Roadmaster Active Suspension based on reading another members experience and what that provides versus the sway bar.

1 hour ago, UofAZCats said:

Why are you selling it?  Did it improve your ride?  I might be interested but I am not thinking about the Roadmaster Active Suspension based on reading another members experience and what that provides versus the sway bar.

Yes improvements in ride quality... regretting taking it off... but I’m going to end up linking the rear... so it was going to come off anyway... and reason I’m selling is to help someone else out who might need it...

Very happy with the 2/4 Drop.  Only real issues seems to be turning when in Reverse, and slight vibration at 65mph.  Went with Adjustable Bilstein 5100 up front with Drop Spindles.  Actually considering raising fronts to reduce reverse issues.  Is it advisable to use lift strut with drop spindle?  Already cut away carpet and some plastic where contact happened.  Still only have 1/2 lock while backing up.

9B225A16-0737-4297-A4CD-488C2123AD30.jpeg

• Like 2

Very happy with the 2/4 Drop.  Only real issues seems to be turning when in Reverse, and slight vibration at 65mph.  Went with Adjustable Bilstein 5100 up front with Drop Spindles.  Actually considering raising fronts to reduce reverse issues.  Is it advisable to use lift strut with drop spindle?  Already cut away carpet and some plastic where contact happened.  Still only have 1/2 lock while backing up.
9B225A16-0737-4297-A4CD-488C2123AD30.thumb.jpeg.1128100d63f4b311c61166f0b1dfa44c.jpeg

Most drops use an adjustable strut to go lower combined with drop spindles, so I don’t see why not. I probably wouldn’t go to the top ring though haha!

Are those Trail blades? Looks like an aggressive sidewall for a lowered truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/22/2019 at 5:06 PM, Charles Baltimore said:

9B225A16-0737-4297-A4CD-488C2123AD30.jpeg

Looks great!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2019 at 4:49 PM, Nasty said:

The proper way would be flip kit withift hanger and drop shackle. But you dont want to do all that. So its best you just do a 1/3 drop

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. After much reading it sounds like drop spindles up front and flip kit in the rear. I would like to have correct length shocks to avoid shock extenders but cant seem to determine the size as most are designed to lower which Im already doing. I know that sounds stupid but I want to be sure i get the right parts. 

42 minutes ago, Vulcan762 said:

Thanks for the info. After much reading it sounds like drop spindles up front and flip kit in the rear. I would like to have correct length shocks to avoid shock extenders but cant seem to determine the size as most are designed to lower which Im already doing. I know that sounds stupid but I want to be sure i get the right parts. 

Shock extenders are better to have because it corrects shock angle 

I cant see how the geometry of shock extenders vs. shorter shocks would make any difference?
When shocks are at an extreme angle, the shock doesn't use it's full stroke. It rides softer and more sloppy

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk