2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

2 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Puts more stress on the strut. And itl shove your wheel back far. I fix that all the time for people that want to be cheap

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Like how you guys were mentioning how the wheel isn't centered in the wheel well also does it drop it 2" as I've heard or is it less 

Like how you guys were mentioning how the wheel isn't centered in the wheel well also does it drop it 2" as I've heard or is it less 
Any drop with the strut will do it more. Because the upper arm is mounted at an angle

16 hours ago, Supercharged18 said:

Its not worth doing. Maybe an inch is all you'll get ,and it will ride like garbage. I don't even recommend running any drop strut at its maxed out potential. If it will do 3" max, run it at 1" or 2". I've had a few different sets of struts and they all eventually blew out.

3 hours ago, promqwn_15 said:

Its not worth doing. Maybe an inch is all you'll get ,and it will ride like garbage. I don't even recommend running any drop strut at its maxed out potential. If it will do 3" max, run it at 1" or 2". I've had a few different sets of struts and they all eventually blew out.

The thickness of the mount.  You will get 1.5-2" out of it from what i remember. But the ride is horrible

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Charles Baltimore said:

Does 10 hrs labor cost seem unrealistic for spindle/rear flip/shocks all around?

I mean i can do it in about 8 with no lift.  But. Doesnt seem to horrible

Was hoping to do a little more before posting but... The hillbilly package is partially uninstalled.

2” McGauthys Spindles

2” McGauthys Shackles

Niche 22” M192 Altair Wheels

Lionheart 285-45-22 Tires

Ventshades

Retrax Tonneau Cover

Trailer hutch delete (not needed)

4X4 Decal Delete (working on custom “Blackout” graphics)

Dirt ?

Looks almost level in this pic, must be the ground. Still need to remove the rear block. 

E9B034C7-30B1-4E70-9EB3-3F20479FE69B.jpeg

Edited by krunch

Appreciate all feedback so far.  One more round of questions before I pull the trigger on this...  So Currently running rear Shackle only.  Few hundred miles on this setup and 24” snowflake replicas with all terrain 40 profile/33s.  Fully aligned after installed.  Truck feels borderline unsafe/shitty ride at best.  Really searches for traction after any type of bump in the road.  Haven’t gone back to re-torque as recommended because likely reworking entire suspension.  My question being what is probably the issue here?  and how to be sure I’m gonna ride better after the new kit.  Axle flip runs shackles also, should I expect similar performance?  Am I experiencing bump-steer?  Always have to mildly correct steering after pothole or speed bump.  Planning Belltech 1017 kit with Fox2 shock all around.  Any thoughts appreciated.

Also please anyone who is HAPPY with leaf drop in the rear?  Feel like talking about it?  Heard plenty of people bash them  but no specifics

10 minutes ago, Charles Baltimore said:

Appreciate all feedback so far.  One more round of questions before I pull the trigger on this...  So Currently running rear Shackle only.  Few hundred miles on this setup and 24” snowflake replicas with all terrain 40 profile/33s.  Fully aligned after installed.  Truck feels borderline unsafe/shitty ride at best.  Really searches for traction after any type of bump in the road.  Haven’t gone back to re-torque as recommended because likely reworking entire suspension.  My question being what is probably the issue here?  and how to be sure I’m gonna ride better after the new kit.  Axle flip runs shackles also, should I expect similar performance?  Am I experiencing bump-steer?  Always have to mildly correct steering after pothole or speed bump.  Planning Belltech 1017 kit with Fox2 shock all around.  Any thoughts appreciated.

Also please anyone who is HAPPY with leaf drop in the rear?  Feel like talking about it?  Heard plenty of people bash them  but no specifics

My truck rides better lowered.  Second do not do lowering leafs. Theyre to soft.  

On 2019-06-15 at 4:43 PM, Nasty said:

My truck rides better lowered.  Second do not do lowering leafs. Theyre to soft.  

Can you elaborate on the leafs being too soft? While I notice an improvement in ride quality in my truck with just 2” lowering shackles and shock extenders, I am actually wondering now if I should have done those leafs (McGauthys I assume you are referring to) as I would like my truck to ride like a cloud ?

More info in the leafs would be appreciated ?

thanx,

krunch

Can you elaborate on the leafs being too soft? While I notice an improvement in ride quality in my truck with just 2” lowering shackles and shock extenders, I am actually wondering now if I should have done those leafs (McGauthys I assume you are referring to) as I would like my truck to ride like a cloud [emoji12]

More info in the leafs would be appreciated [emoji106]

thanx,
krunch
Put it this way. Every lowering leaf ive ever hadhas snapped. Our trucks are heavy. Me knowing how soft they are (my opinion) you'd still end up smacking the bump stop all the time

• Like 1