2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

Hoping for input on some options I’m looking at for dropping the Sierra.  2017 4x4 Double Cab.  Only looking for 2/4 drop.   Rear will be 4” flip with Belltech shock.  Is anyone flip kit better than another?  Come with shorty bumpstops?

McG front- 2” 4x4 specific spindle with corrective control arm ($860+/-)

Belltech- coil over drop with sway bar

Belltech- 2” drop spindle, no arms.  Includes shocks. 

Any 4x4 specific input would be great.  Leaning towards coil overs but feeling like McG probably got it right with the spindle/arm combo

I have a 2015 4wd dbl cab Silverado. Currently sitting 6/11 static. 4wd has been pretty much deleted. Didn’t need it once I quit working in northern states during the winter. For what your wanting I recommend Twisted Metal Workz out of Cali... Do a Viking 0-3” drop coilover and out back do any flip you choose paired with shock extenders and a set of fox 2.0 adventure shocks in the rear. It will ride like a dream, give you the ability to go lower if you ever choose to do so. 

2/4 drop. Spindle, and flip kit done.  

I have the twisted metal works front coilover kit and im buying the new upper arm they make. 

44 minutes ago, promqwn_15 said:

I have a 2015 4wd dbl cab Silverado. Currently sitting 6/11 static. 4wd has been pretty much deleted. Didn’t need it once I quit working in northern states during the winter. For what your wanting I recommend Twisted Metal Workz out of Cali... Do a Viking 0-3” drop coilover and out back do any flip you choose paired with shock extenders and a set of fox 2.0 adventure shocks in the rear. It will ride like a dream, give you the ability to go lower if you ever choose to do so. 

Reason i wouldn't do just the coilover drop is becsuse these trucks the lower you go the front wheel moves backwards into the wheel well causing more rubbing. He only wants 2 inches. Spindles wont affect that and itl keep the wheel centered

I don’t think rubbing is gonna be a factor with 2” inches no matter what he uses. I’m about to do that same twisted setup on mine with their 4 link combo in the rear. Guess I don’t think much about rubbing because I’ve already clearanced everything front and rear. 

1 hour ago, promqwn_15 said:

I don’t think rubbing is gonna be a factor with 2” inches no matter what he uses. I’m about to do that same twisted setup on mine with their 4 link combo in the rear. Guess I don’t think much about rubbing because I’ve already clearanced everything front and rear. 

Sure is a factor. Im at 4.5/7.  Using a spindle and drop strut right now. Mywheel is pushed back over an inch.  And depending on tire size. It will rub.  It also affects caster and turning radius

When only going 2"  spindle is the best way.   I know everyone has tbeir way. But i lower these trucks for local constantly and i have found it best

Id like to see a picture of your truck from the side. 

Edited by Nasty

12 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Sure is a factor. Im at 4.5/7.  Using a spindle and drop strut right now. Mywheel is pushed back over an inch.  And depending on tire size. It will rub.  It also affects caster and turning radius

When only going 2"  spindle is the best way.   I know everyone has tbeir way. But i lower these trucks for local constantly and i have found it best

Id like to see a picture of your truck from the side. 

Here ya go... 6/11

75AE596D-33B8-41D5-82D1-5657A2AA8113.jpeg

• Like 1

Here ya go... 6/11
75AE596D-33B8-41D5-82D1-5657A2AA8113.thumb.jpeg.72ba675feda0de409a81efecf26a4736.jpeg
Looks great but you can see your wheel is pushed back. Thats one thing when i lower these trucks i try and do it so that that doesnt happen (as much)

Thats all im saying.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Nasty said:

Looks great but you can see your wheel is pushed back. Thats one thing when i lower these trucks i try and do it so that that doesnt happen (as much)

Thats all im saying.

I have a reklez firewall tub kit that I haven’t installed. I just made a few relief cuts and then used a air hammer to round everything out. Went over it with liner. Rubbed on bad bumps with a 295/30/24. Switched to 275/30/24 and now no rub and turns full lock. 

I have a reklez firewall tub kit that I haven’t installed. I just made a few relief cuts and then used a air hammer to round everything out. Went over it with liner. Rubbed on bad bumps with a 295/30/24. Switched to 275/30/24 and now no rub and turns full lock. 
Correct. You did good for sure. But your caster is still affected pretty greatly. Thats all im saying. If it works for you then perfect. But most people dont want to tub and do all that work. Just like me

Im going to be installing my twisted coilover kit in place of the droo strut. And im orfering the new twisted upper arm (which moves the wheels forward and corrects some caster) im also lowering it another half inch.

The wheel not being centered bugs me on mine.

1 minute ago, Nasty said:

Correct. You did good for sure. But your caster is still affected pretty greatly. Thats all im saying. If it works for you then perfect. But most people dont want to tub and do all that work. Just like me

Im going to be installing my twisted coilover kit in place of the droo strut. And im orfering the new twisted upper arm (which moves the wheels forward and corrects some caster) im also lowering it another half inch.

The wheel not being centered bugs me on mine.

Oh yea. I’m ordering that same setup from them. Guys over there are great to deal with. Good to know it will help the caster. I’ll end up setting those coilovers to go down another inch up front since I can adjust the stiffness. As you know that isn’t happening with the drop struts. Ha

• Like 1

Oh yea. I’m ordering that same setup from them. Guys over there are great to deal with. Good to know it will help the caster. I’ll end up setting those coilovers to go down another inch up front since I can adjust the stiffness. As you know that isn’t happening with the drop struts. Ha
Nope. Not at all raul is a nice guy. Been very helpful. I have his rear shock relocarion as well and a notch he made to my specs that still needs to happen but not for awhile.

2 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Nope. Not at all raul is a nice guy. Been very helpful. I have his rear shock relocarion as well and a notch he made to my specs that still needs to happen but not for awhile.

Oh yea, he got my shock relocation from Cali to Mississippi in like 3 days because my truck was down til it got here. I used the extensive notch with crossbars and had it not been underbed notched the one from extensive would have slid right onto my frame and been an easy install. I love my fox 2.0 shocks but I can’t wait to have their 4 link with Viking coilovers on the rear. 

Oh yea, he got my shock relocation from Cali to Mississippi in like 3 days because my truck was down til it got here. I used the extensive notch with crossbars and had it not been underbed notched the one from extensive would have slid right onto my frame and been an easy install. I love my fox 2.0 shocks but I can’t wait to have their 4 link with Viking coilovers on the rear. 
I love Vikings. One thing you may want to do instead of getting just his upper arm is getting his whole front arm kit. Ya its more expensive but it centers the wheel at any drop and youll turn better

Just now, Nasty said:

I love Vikings. One thing you may want to do instead of getting just his upper arm is getting his whole front arm kit. Ya its more expensive but it centers the wheel at any drop and youll turn better

I’ll definitely talk with him about it. It has djm arms on it now. Can’t complain about them, but if he thinks the their lower arm will be better I’ll get those along with the uppers. Reklez has a good set of arms also. All my friends in Texas rave about them. 

I’ll definitely talk with him about it. It has djm arms on it now. Can’t complain about them, but if he thinks the their lower arm will be better I’ll get those along with the uppers. Reklez has a good set of arms also. All my friends in Texas rave about them. 
Oh he will definetely tell you theyre better. We have talked about the djm arms before

Plus i pull djm and inez off arms local trucks all the time. Poor design

Those are also affecting your caster and steering. Twisted arm kit is the way to go for sure. If i was going any lower id do it. But im over being that low now. Especially here in califirnia the roads arent low friendly