6.0l engine light flashing throwing codes! After exhaust!

Tyler Hogsten

Question

Ok. New 6.0l motor installed long tubes 2 1/2 going to a 3in on the muffler. We'll I needed to add pipe so had to drive to muffler shop with open headers. Started it ran good no issues no light. Then oil pressure gauge stopped working assuming its a sensor. But drove to the shop ran great!!!! 12 miles or so. Then after the shop pull out on the road engine light comes on flashing. I figured it was cuz I have no o2 sensors. Added o2 sensors at home all 4. It had spots on piping that I got. But still the same thing and a ruff idle

Codes

(2) P0300 codes random misfire

P0327 knock sensor 1 circuit low

P0134 O2 bank 1 sensor 1

p0154 O2 bank 2 sensor 2

Also think O2 bank 2 sensor 1 is on there too...

Any help would be nice? Will a tune fix this? Do I need I need to space the O2s in order for the computer to read them I have no cats just resonators.

14 answers to this question

I understand and had narrowed this down to the O2s since this hasn't happened until the exhaust was put on. I can't figure out how to get the computer to read both Front O2s do I need spacers? I can delete the back two. Worried up the miss fire and knock sensor which Is possibly the issue of the computer not reading the front O2s and throwing the mixture in wack...

If you used to have 4 sensors, then there was 2 upstream sensors, and 2 downstream sensors. Upstream usually means ahead of converter, and downstream usually means after converter. The effect is the PCM can see the converter working. Are you sure the sensors are connected to the correct connector?

Yes. I can try moving the down streams down the exhaust winced there's another hole it can go in. These were made into the exhaust. Yet the computer can't detect the O2s?

Do you have a scan tool that can read output values for various sensors. I am fairly certain that the PCM monitor voltage from the actual sensor and does not depend on there being a difference in the two readings to prove existance of o2 sensors.

How far was the exhaust shop from where you did the work on your truck? Have to wonder why the light did not come on during the trip. Have you also verified that when you changed the engine, you did not trap some wires or route them too close to hot parts? You will want to start looking at the wiring harness looking for spots where it could short out.

Do you have a scan tool that can read output values for various sensors. I am fairly certain that the PCM monitor voltage from the actual sensor and does not depend on there being a difference in the two readings to prove existance of o2 sensors.

How far was the exhaust shop from where you did the work on your truck? Have to wonder why the light did not come on during the trip. Have you also verified that when you changed the engine, you did not trap some wires or route them too close to hot parts? You will want to start looking at the wiring harness looking for spots where it could short out.

Ok. So I cleared the codes and move the sensors back.. And no O2 codes came in!!! :) but... Two p0300 random misfires came in... So I'm gonna pull the truck in the garage cuz I'm cold... Dang MI weather haha. It was warm yesterday! We'll I noticed one of the spark plug wires r rubbing the headers.. Gonna zip tie that up. And tighten all exaughst bolts to stop the exhaust ticking from small leaks.

To answer your question I do have an advanced scan tool. And I drove around 15 miles to the shop on open headers. 55mph roads.

Also the engine lights still flashing

I didn't do a crank relearn. I replaced the wires do to the two rubbing. Put heat selves and wrap on the wires and no codes! Rolled over 73 miles ran great! Then today wanted to put some miles to make sure everything's all good and not even 3 miles down the road engine light. ANOTHER p0300 code! And two knock sensor 1 bank 1 codes.... Wtf? Any help here? At least it's not blinking...

I did a quick search on Google for "p0154", and got this near the top of results

Symptoms of a P0154 code may include:
•MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) illumination
•Other codes indicating rich or lean condition may be present
•Poor idle, won't idle
•Misfire at idle or at highway speed
•Engine may blow black smoke at tailpipe
•Fuel economy may decrease
•May start and stall

Potential causes of a P0154 code include:
•Faulty bank 2,1 Oxygen sensor
•Holes in exhaust near oxygen sensor
•Short to voltage or ground on signal circuit
•Open or high resistance in signal circuit
•Wiring harness chafing/rubbing on exhaust components
•Water/oil intrusion at O2 sensor connector
•Broken lock or loose terminals on O2 sensor connector
•Oil/coolant fouled oxygen sensor

Have you tried searching the trouble codes? This one in particular has very easy to locate information. I did not try the other codes you listed. If I were you, I would search all codes you are getting, and find the common ground between them.

I understand and had narrowed this down to the O2s since this hasn't happened until the exhaust was put on. I can't figure out how to get the computer to read both Front O2s do I need spacers? I can delete the back two. Worried up the miss fire and knock sensor which Is possibly the issue of the computer not reading the front O2s and throwing the mixture in wack...

Ok drove 200 miles and only engine light.t I get is two codes... Their both the same. (bank 1 low circuit input).... I deleted the codes then they came back on... These sensors are a year old... Same with pig tail and have been siliconed in.

Archived