2009 6.2L 4x4 Silverado- Exhaust Questions

Hello Everyone! Before I get started I want to thank anyone in advanced who responds with pertinent information. 

I'm looking for a replacement exhaust system for my 09 Silverado 6.2L 4x4 Crew Cab/Short Bed. My current system has lots of rust (living in MD, they heavily salt & brine the roads here) and has sprung an exhaust leak right behind the muffler on one of the pipes.

I've been searching around (thought it would be easy to find a system) but have not had luck in finding what I have been searching for. There are plenty of systems for 5.3L & 6.0L motors but scant any for 6.2L. 

On my truck currently is an aftermarket cat back system that was there when I bought the truck (not sure which brand.) It is a single in / dual out muffler with dual pipes going out the bumper.

Questions:
What is the factory flange diameter at the end of the factory Y pipe? I'm seeing conflicting information (this will help me determine what muffler to buy if I piece meal a system together) 

If you have any suggested systems, here's what I'm looking for
Material: 304L Stainless Steel
Volume: Loud/Agressive
Configuration: Dual exit at rear bumper

I'd consider a long tube header setup w/ high flow cats as well (I would like to maintain all emissions equipment) any suggestions there are also welcome. 

I can always get a quote from a shop but I wanted to shop around first before I did that. 

I have a 2010 Denali. I have a brand new under warranty replaced Borla exhaust (their customer service is top notch). In deciding to keep the truck a few more years I purchased Kooks 1”3/4 headers and catted Y pipe. Zero regrets. Loud only on gas and zero drone. Only downfall it is expensive. Sorry can’t confirm sizes only guessing that the Borla is a 3”?

First thing is dual pipes down stream of one pipe is a waste, the laws of Physics say that flow will never be better than that which is allowed by the smallest passage the gas/liquid flows through; so save your money and forget the dual pipe down stream of one pipe; that's just "marketing".  Try getting the GM part numbers for your exhaust and see what they convert over to at the major exhaust pipe MFRs. I'm not a fan of loud exhaust on my truck but I am a fan of low restriction, you can do that with hi flow cats, (maybe resonators?) and a huge muffler(s). On headers, if the exhaust outlet on the head is as big as the inlet on the exhaust manifold headers won't improve flow, but headers are tuned, they scavenge spent gasses out of the engine,  and that helps efficiency.

Edited by dna9656
clarity

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 4:15 AM, swathdiver said:

Stock 6.2 exhaust is 3.5" pipes and offset muffler.  Try MBRP, they have a couple of systems for 6.2s as does Corsa and Flowmaster and Gibson.

Just for clarity- 3.5" is the diameter at the end of the y pipe? 

Thanks for the suggestion on MBRP, I just checked their site and unfortunately they don't have any pre-set systems for the 6.2 (They have 4.3/5.3/6.0) 

However when I bump the year to 2011, a few systems pop up. They do specify 3-1/2" Exhaust as well. What changed between 2009-10 and 2011- I have an easier time locating systems for the 6.2L if I filter from 2011 and up (most places don't offer any 6.2L systems until after 2011 Silverados) 

5 hours ago, JetForceF22 said:

Just for clarity- 3.5" is the diameter at the end of the y pipe? 

Thanks for the suggestion on MBRP, I just checked their site and unfortunately they don't have any pre-set systems for the 6.2 (They have 4.3/5.3/6.0) 

However when I bump the year to 2011, a few systems pop up. They do specify 3-1/2" Exhaust as well. What changed between 2009-10 and 2011- I have an easier time locating systems for the 6.2L if I filter from 2011 and up (most places don't offer any 6.2L systems until after 2011 Silverados) 

I don't remember what the diameter was at the end of the Y-pipe.  

As for the years, there may have been a change in how the exhausts connects to the Y, like the 5.3s but I do not know.  I have also seen this on Walker's website.  Seems many just don't know that the 6.2 became available in late 2009.