My First Dent! Anyone else?

So I was getting out of my truck the other day and forgot my pistol was on my lap (not loaded) clip was in the console ... So I jumped out of the truck and all I heard was CLUNK! My S&W 40 bounced off the rocker panel just outside the inner plastic trim into the grass... The rocker panel seems incredibly thin IMO.. The good news is, atleast you can't see it from the outside, but I know its there and I look at it every time I get in the truck... lol D'oh! Any other first dent stories?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just picked up my new truck last week and just noticed a slight ding near the middle of the hood on the ramped part. Had to see it in the right light. We had a wicked ice storm a few weeks ago and my guess is that it happened when the dealer was cleaning the vehicles. I'm not going to sweat it, the dark color is going to show a lot more than the last two silver trucks I owned. My 2009 GMC that I just traded in was dent and ding free. Oh well.

agreed on leaving one in the chamber. if you aren't ready it's just one big expensive paper weight. if you ever need it (which I hope you never do) it is going to be at a time where you lease expect it and catch you off guard, do yourself a favor if you do carry your gun without the mag in it to start carrying with the mag in it.

Hell I forget when I got my first ding. Got hooked on mud riding for a few years and my paint shows it. ******* black paint :lol:

also why do you have a picture of a female as a sig pic?

Oh yeah, both front fenders have a couple of dents at the lower sides next to the doors that are more like large creases from the lower body line to where the fender rolls under. Probably just under a foot from top to bottom and as wide as the fender from the door to the wheel openings. That's what those huge Bushwacker flares are for! Never know they're there. I rounded out the bolts when I put the flares on so that no one will be able to remove them without a lot of work. Cost me over $750.00 to hide these mistakes by the time I had the flare painted and the whell spacers installed to move the wheels out to make it look more respectable. Hope the next owner likes the flares once I trade it in! Funny thing is that I get a lot of compliments on the truck with the look it created and I think if you really only knew why I did it. I wasn't about to have new fenders put on at 3,000 miles. The body shop told me that they were not repairable and would need both front fenders. Since I'm trading it soon, I figured it was best to just go the customized route with wheels and flares.

Just don't drop a weapon that's locked and loaded. A dent in the rocker panel is way better than a round wildly discharging.

Just don't drop a weapon that's locked and loaded. A dent in the rocker panel is way better than a round wildly discharging.

Modern pistols don't fire when dropped. TV myth.

I got rear ended at an intersection in my new Denali on the way back to the dealership to pick up my plates - about 2 weeks ago. It was a young college girl in a crappy early 2000s Accord looking at her phone as she approached. Luckily she sustained most of the damage. She mostly went under my bumper into the hitch. The few scuffs I had were able to be buffed out by the dealer at no charge.

Archived